2021-2022 Application Thread

Theory007

44 minutes ago, PoliticalScience_Msta said:

I recently received an email saying I was on Georgetown's waitlist, but still no official update on the portal. It seems like Georgetown is still processing applications from what I can tell. 

Since we are entering March, I'd ask everyone to decline offers if you don't intend to accept in order to give those on the waitlist a chance to accept. I recently started doing that for schools I have definitively ruled out.  Good luck everyone.

Thanks so much for the update! What's your subfield? 

20 minutes ago, hanginthereJoan said:

Anyone still waiting for results? I really just want to get the final notice and end this cycle.

I am still waiting for USC, UCLA, and Georgetown. UCLA emailed me back that they would send out results in 2-3weeks, but I haven't heard from the other two.

NYU in my case...but just the rejection letter...

2 hours ago, hanginthereJoan said:

Anyone still waiting for results? I really just want to get the final notice and end this cycle.

I am still waiting for USC, UCLA, and Georgetown. UCLA emailed me back that they would send out results in 2-3weeks, but I haven't heard from the other two.

When I attended UCLA preview last week, they said that there was a waitlist they were hoping to tap into in the following weeks, so they encouraged people who knew they weren't attending to deny their offers. I hope it's good news for you!

Edited by polyglotaspiring

For those of you who got into a PhD program but still finishing your current master's program, how important do you think your last semester grades are? The requirement for PhD admissions is an undergrad degree so Im not sure if they will heavily look into my last semester grades, but this semester, I have this one advanced course.. and not doing so well on it.. Just took the midterm and feel pretty bad about it, although all of my other classmates said the same thing so there might be a curve. But just wondering if PhD decisions can also get revoked by last semester grades for current MA program.

It's gone pretty quiet in here so, before everyone scatters, I just want to say that I'm really very thankful for everyone on this board and the thoughtfulness, kindness, and diligence in helping each other out while we've been in a state of massive panic. I know there are still a few straggling school notifications out there - good luck, all. And good luck to everyone entering your new programs, moving far away, uprooting your lives for your education. Somehow this board became a rock to me in Jan and Feb and I've learned so much from you all. Thank you!!

On 3/9/2022 at 12:33 AM, hanginthereJoan said:

hey, may I ask when did you get this response email from UCLA? Thanks a lot

Hi all,
I received my TA Offer letter from the UIC admission on March 5, and I did accept the offer the same day. However, my application status has been on "Additional Review Required" since then. I emailed the admission. They replayed that the final decision has to be made by the Graduate College/Admissions Office for final review/approval.
I really need to get the i-20 form as soon as possible due to the time limitations we have in booking the embassy time. 
Should I consider myself admitted, or that would be an optimistic look? Because kind of I am worried about that too.

On 3/5/2022 at 7:42 PM, Avocado_town said:

April is way too late haha. I didn't remember about the MA option so I don't know if I checked it.

I'm also waiting on NYU and I know I asked not to be considered for the MA program. Dunno what the holdup here is, I emailed them as well and got a response saying they're still making decisions and that I'll hear back when they decide. Pain

8 minutes ago, sswimky said:

I'm also waiting on NYU and I know I asked not to be considered for the MA program. Dunno what the holdup here is, I emailed them as well and got a response saying they're still making decisions and that I'll hear back when they decide. Pain

I see. Thanks for sharing that. I don't understand why they take such a long time either. In any case, I hope you get good news in the end.

Finally got a response from USC- "We're in the process of finalizing decisions and you should receive a notification within a week. "

Hopefully I wasn't just waiting for a late rejection email!

52 minutes ago, swanronson said:

Officially waitlisted at UCLA. Could be worse I guess!

Congrats! I'm still waiting for UCLA and a waitlist sounds better than a rejection at this point!