2021-2022 Application Thread

Theory007

51 minutes ago, XiPeepee said:

Has any Emory admit received funding info yet? They said they would send out the formal acceptance and funding package yesterday but I haven't got anything from them.

Yeah I also haven't. Will meet with some profs from there tomorrow and ask about it, but it's weird cause they really promised it for yesterday.

So I just received an email from NYU asking me to provide them with my final official transcript with conferred degree. It said they need it in order to process my application but nothing about admission decision. Given the late stage of application review we are in, can we speculate that this might possibly be a foreshadowing of an acceptance? Otherwise, I guess they could've just rejected me outright for incomplete documents? Anyone else on the same boat?

14 minutes ago, kmccorm2 said:

This is so weird -- has anyone not heard back from Princeton yet? I haven't gotten an email and there's no update to my portal. I saw in past years that rejections may come out on certain days? so confused. 

Maybe a waitlist decision is coming? I don't think I saw any waitlist claims on the results page. 

16 hours ago, bmo103 said:

Is it likely that WUSTL and UNC release decisions this week? They both seem to be running slightly behind schedule.

It said on the admission website Q&A that WUSTL aim to release decisions by first week of Feb. And from previous years they seem to release before Feb 10th. So I think we can count on Wustl for this week! hope this helped

13 hours ago, kmccorm2 said:

Anyone claiming the Princeton rejections? I've been refreshing my page and haven't seen anything yet. Expecting to get rejected, but still want to confirm these are legit!

Im a little late to this bc I took a brain break from the forum, but claiming Princeton and UMich rejection. Thankful for one acceptance to make the disappointment a little less overwhelming. 

47 minutes ago, mdalt21 said:

Im a little late to this bc I took a brain break from the forum, but claiming Princeton and UMich rejection. Thankful for one acceptance to make the disappointment a little less overwhelming. 

Understandable. But in the end - you only need one acceptance, right?

4 minutes ago, smallcrown said:

Understandable. But in the end - you only need one acceptance, right?

I guess they meant that an acceptance at a better institute (higher ranked, better fit, etc) would have been better. 

I have a funded acceptance from University of Cincinnati, but I'd be absolutely over the moon if USC or Northwestern (lost all hope for that one tbh) also send an admit. 

18 minutes ago, Gryffindor50points said:

Yep. Its so testing. I think I'm going to start working on my application for next year already lol. 

It's super frustrating! Especially since I have been given a 15 day deadline to accept or reject the only offer I have now (I know the April Resolution, but I think it's something to do with visa processing), and I want to have some more results by then. 

Just now, sbidyanta said:

It's super frustrating! Especially since I have been given a 15 day deadline to accept or reject the only offer I have now (I know the April Resolution, but I think it's something to do with visa processing), and I want to have some more results by then. 

Oh - wow. I thought that was illegal. That's frustrating. But at least you have an offer.