2021-2022 Application Thread

Theory007

26 minutes ago, F Y said:

Definitely hoping for an admit there! And congrats on your acceptance to JHU!

Did you hear back from American University? Or just an assumed rejection? I'm waiting on them still, but know that they already sent out first offers over a week ago.

54 minutes ago, F Y said:

Definitely hoping for an admit there! And congrats on your acceptance to JHU!

btw are you waitlisted by Georgetown? I think if you can be wled by Georgetown then definitely you would have a shot at JHU.

May I also ask what s your subfield?

Judging by the number of postings compared to recent years it seems like UCLA likely hasn’t sent out all their offers yet. Does anyone know what they’re up to?

On 2/28/2022 at 11:54 AM, hyccup said:

"Decisions will be complete by February 2022," according to Northwestern. I am pressing X to doubt.

February 2022 has officially come and passed and still no update.

16 minutes ago, hawnsay said:

February 2022 has officially come and passed and still no update.

I emailed the director of graduate studies today asking for an adjusted timeline. They've never responded to me before, but hopefully the tardiness will make them feel inclined to respond.

9 hours ago, CapTipps said:

They said they would be realizing decisions no later than Feb 28... I'm still waiting tho

Someone received an unofficial acceptance from a POI on Friday. So I guess decisions should be out soon.

Just waiting on Penn and the Harvard rejection to finally end my cycle 

Claiming a penn admit. got email to check portal, thought i have been rejected.

On 2/24/2022 at 9:54 AM, bmo103 said:

Waitlisted at UNC, not rejected. I reached out to the Director of Grad Admissions for a status update as I still hadn't heard anything as of yesterday. 

Hi, Can I ask which track did you choose when you apply to UNC?

To the guy on the results page who got accepted at U Cincinnati, are you planning to accept? If so, would you PM me to possibly connect? (offer stands for anyone else who's going to U Cinci next Fall)

Hi all -- I reached out to Georgetown again where I have a lot of contacts and got a response from the admissions director that said that if we haven't heard yet, it's likely not good news. Apparently they got 700 applications for 8 funded PhD positions, which seems like an extreme amount? Just thought I would update everyone! Sorry I don't have better news. 

Hi all
I got an email from director of Graduate studies of UIC which says "We have recommended to the Graduate College that you be admitted as a degree-seeking student on full graduate standing to the Department of Political Science PHD Program." 
I was wondering how are chances for me after receiving this email? should I consider my self accepted or is it too soon to think that way?

If you have yet to hear from Northwestern, email the Director of Graduate Studies. According to him, they sent me a rejection and have confirmation of it sending, but I never received a letter and my application portal has not updated. I let him know that there may be others who are in a similar situation.

13 minutes ago, Simorg said:

Hi all
I got an email from director of Graduate studies of UIC which says "We have recommended to the Graduate College that you be admitted as a degree-seeking student on full graduate standing to the Department of Political Science PHD Program." 
I was wondering how are chances for me after receiving this email? should I consider my self accepted or is it too soon to think that way?

I think that means you are accepted. As long as you didn't fake your credentials (which I believe you definitely haven't done), you are fine. Just be cooperative and let the bureaucrats do their jobs.

12 minutes ago, LM2022 said:

I think that means you are accepted. As long as you didn't fake your credentials (which I believe you definitely haven't done), you are fine. Just be cooperative and let the bureaucrats do their jobs.

Thank you for your hopeful words. I really needed that after a recent rejection from California Merced. About the faking thing, I didn't know people could do that kind of thing and get away with it, especially in an academic atmosphere but thank you for the heads up :)

44 minutes ago, kmccorm2 said:

Hi all -- I reached out to Georgetown again where I have a lot of contacts and got a response from the admissions director that said that if we haven't heard yet, it's likely not good news. Apparently they got 700 applications for 8 funded PhD positions, which seems like an extreme amount? Just thought I would update everyone! Sorry I don't have better news. 

Woah that's an intense number of applications! I was looking at the data from previous years and it seems like they send out acceptances in Feb, and rejections in March (with a few waitlist exceptions) around the 15th.