2021-2022 Application Thread

Theory007

11 hours ago, Jack R said:

Has anyone heard from MIT regarding admissions? 

I was fortunate to interview over the 16th and 17th of February. Is it unusual to wait this long to hear back?

MIT did visit days this week, and I got my acceptance email in late February. You should probably write them to ask about your status. You might be waitlisted or something of the sorts

On 3/22/2022 at 5:07 PM, Steven_Walls_1991 said:

Did NYU already do the visiting day? No answer at the end of March seems unbelievable

Nope, their visit is scheduled for the weekend of April 8th-9th.

BTW I just rejected most of my remaining offers this week, including NYU's - hope this helps someone still on the waitlist.

Hi, did University of Illinois have their (virtual) visit day?

I was waitlisted and was wondering if they already did it.

Also if anyone is considering declining UIUC, I would much appreciate it if you do it soon. I am literally dying from the inside right now.. Thank you in advance!

1 hour ago, brightestblue said:

Hi, I was waiting to hear back too. I went ahead and emailed them about it and I found out today that I am waitlisted. They're my top choice, so it is pretty stressful. I would email them if you haven't heard back yet. 

Ouch. Not even an courtesy email? ? Thanks for sharing your update. I’ve got a serious offer elsewhere but CUNY was def one of my top choices. 

17 hours ago, LM2022 said:

wow...I just wanna say your wailist is amazing...hope you get into Harvard

Thank you! Im hoping, but in any case, Im also really happy with American. Lets see what happens. I send you my best wishes as well!

On 3/25/2022 at 6:35 PM, PoliticalScience_Msta said:

I recently declined my offer for Ohio State (PhD, IR subfield). Hope that helps someone on the wait list.

I would urge others to decline offers as soon as possible if they know they won't be attending. This will help out those of us on waiting lists.

ECHO. Let's not wait until the last day of Apirl 15 ? One day will not make any difference.