(Canada 2022) MPP/MPA Applications

14 hours ago, Ey1357 said:

Congrats! Me too, I reached out to the Uvic grad admissions and they said they will likely be releasing decisions in the third week of April. I wish they would announce sooner like other schools, because most schools like Carelton have a deadline to apply. 

Thanks for that info!  My friend last year only found out about UVIC around April 23rd.

Also congrats to all the other applicants who recently received admissions to their respective programs!

15 minutes ago, LawAndMordor said:

Thanks for that info!  My friend last year only found out about UVIC around April 23rd.

Also congrats to all the other applicants who recently received admissions to their respective programs!

Oh wow! That's a long time. I emailed Uvic yesterday and told them I got an offer at Carleton and they told me they're making decisions in the next couple of weeks. So I'm not sure if I leveraged them a bit or maybe they're realizing they're losing students by being so late! And thank you!

23 minutes ago, FILÓSOFO said:

Can anyone confirm how much tuition at Carleton will be for next year? I saw on Carleton's website that 2020-2021 was about 8.5 thousand for both semesters. 

Unsure what this year's tuition will be but here are last year's tuition amounts, I don't imagine it'll increase by much: https://carleton.ca/studentaccounts/tuition-fees/su-gr/f21w22-gr-dom/

1 hour ago, sharingan1999 said:

Has anyone heard back from Munk? 

Nope still waiting. They said that decisions come out early to mid March and I saw on another thread that apparently the second week of March may be when they start releasing decisions. But last year's decisions came out around March 16th-18th, so it'll probably be the same timing this year. 

Edited by FiggiGrad

Excited to be accepted to Queens MPA, Carleton MPPA and UOttawa MPA. In the email I got from Queens they said I will know about funding by the 15th, does anyone know what their funding normally looks like. I was offered about 10k from both of the other programs, but Queens is my first choice so i’m hoping for something from them as well, not sure what to expect. 

19 minutes ago, FiggiGrad said:

Nope still waiting. They said that decisions come out early to mid March and I saw on another thread that apparently the second week of March may be when they start releasing decisions. But last year's decisions came out around March 16th-18th, so it'll probably be the same timing this year. 

oh I hope it's a bit earlier aha - my deadline for X Uni is 14th, may have to ask them for an extension but that'd be an awks call

7 hours ago, curioshopsales101 said:

Excited to be accepted to Queens MPA, Carleton MPPA and UOttawa MPA. In the email I got from Queens they said I will know about funding by the 15th, does anyone know what their funding normally looks like. I was offered about 10k from both of the other programs, but Queens is my first choice so i’m hoping for something from them as well, not sure what to expect. 

Yeah Queen's will get back to us before the 15th on scholarships

24 minutes ago, Popcorn21 said:

I also applied to Munk school for MPP and my status still says "submitted". For context, I submitted everything by first week of December. If you have applied to Munk, what does your status say?

I applied to Munk as well, my app status still says 'submitted'. I applied in the beginning of January. However, minutes before I was admitted into Queen's my application status still said 'submitted'. So my guess is that they won't update it before first round offers. 

5 minutes ago, FiggiGrad said:

I applied to Munk as well, my app status still says 'submitted'. I applied in the beginning of January. However, minutes before I was admitted into Queen's my application status still said 'submitted'. So my guess is that they won't update it before first round offers. 

Ohh that is kind of a relief. Good luck everyone!

10 hours ago, Popcorn21 said:

I also applied to Munk school for MPP and my status still says "submitted". For context, I submitted everything by first week of December. If you have applied to Munk, what does your status say?

exact same situation as you re: application timeframe & status aha! fingers crossed!

On 3/3/2022 at 3:34 PM, EarlGreyMilkTea said:

Congratulations to you too!!

Do you know which school you’re leaning towards to the most? (asking because I got accepted to Waterloo and Carleton as well so I want to know what your thoughts are about them!) 

Congratulations on getting offers!

I would like to know is the MPS Co op at Waterloo admission on rolling basis? 

I have not heard anything from them and I applied on Feb 1st. 

17 minutes ago, Gradnew said:

Congratulations on getting offers!

I would like to know is the MPS Co op at Waterloo admission on rolling basis? 

I have not heard anything from them and I applied on Feb 1st. 

Are you referring to the official letter in Quest, or a general offer?  For context, I got an email from someone saying they are still processing 2022 offers at the moment, but hope to send out the official letters ASAP.  Either way, sounds like they are still sorting out offers.  Hope it works out for you!

5 minutes ago, LawAndMordor said:

Are you referring to the official letter in Quest, or a general offer?  For context, I got an email from someone saying they are still processing 2022 offers at the moment, but hope to send out the official letters ASAP.  Either way, sounds like they are still sorting out offers.  Hope it works out for you!

General notification of acceptance and rejection 

17 hours ago, Gradnew said:

General notification of acceptance and rejection 

Can confirm Waterloo is on a rolling basis! I applied last year, got an offer mid-March, and was given three weeks to accept. They said in the March open house they were still reviewing applications and would be for the next few weeks.

1 hour ago, skc2022 said:

Can confirm Waterloo is on a rolling basis! I applied last year, got an offer mid-March, and was given three weeks to accept. They said in the March open house they were still reviewing applications and would be for the next few weeks.

Thank you.