(Canada 2022) MPP/MPA Applications

Update: I just received admission into Queen's MPA program like 5 minutes ago! 

Wanted to also include my stats:

Undergrad: double major in Women and Gender studies / Critical Studies in Equity and Solidarity & minor in History 

L2 gpa: 3.94/4.0 

ECs: have had executive roles within my institutions women's association for the past two years 

internships/jobs: completed a federal government internship last summer within a constituency office and I worked on the 2021 federal campaign 

Edited by FiggiGrad

Congratulations to everyone receiving an acceptance and good luck to those still waiting! 

Finally received my last offer today from Carleton's MPPA! 

Also received acceptance into Waterloo's MPS and Queen's MPA! 

Stats: L2 gpa 3.75/4.0; leadership roles in ECs, decent work experience but not policy-related

1 hour ago, JudgeFudge said:

Congratulations to everyone receiving an acceptance and good luck to those still waiting! 

Finally received my last offer today from Carleton's MPPA! 

Also received acceptance into Waterloo's MPS and Queen's MPA! 

Stats: L2 gpa 3.75/4.0; leadership roles in ECs, decent work experience but not policy-related

Congratulations to you too!!

Do you know which school you’re leaning towards to the most? (asking because I got accepted to Waterloo and Carleton as well so I want to know what your thoughts are about them!) 

8 hours ago, Joseph_Eze said:

Congrats everyone! Haven't heard back from Queens/Ryerson/SFU yet.

?

Hang in there bec it's early days for MPA/P/S offers in Canada. Also, if anyone is wishing they applied to more schools: the deadline for Dalhousie hasn't passed yet. Chance to experience east coast lifestyle.

Received my acceptance to the Carleton MPPA program yesterday! The funding package totals 37k over two years. 

Undergrad: Bachelor of Public Affairs and Policy Management (BPAPM) (Carleton)

CGPA: 3.88/4.0

ECs: President of a school club, executive member of two others

Work experience: FSWEP experience within the Federal government

I will be accepting, look forward to meeting everyone in September! ?

1 hour ago, Mia2000 said:

Received my acceptance to the Carleton MPPA program yesterday! The funding package totals 37k over two years. 

Undergrad: Bachelor of Public Affairs and Policy Management (BPAPM) (Carleton)

CGPA: 3.88/4.0

ECs: President of a school club, executive member of two others

Work experience: FSWEP experience within the Federal government

I will be accepting, look forward to meeting everyone in September! ?

Nice job. Does your funding package include a TA position?

I didn't receive an offer from queens yesterday, does anyone know if they sent all offers out yesterday? Of if more are going out over the next couple days? Queens is my first choice for grad school, but the deadline to accept my second choice is today...so I'm a bit conflicted on what to do. 

1 hour ago, FromE said:

I didn't receive an offer from queens yesterday, does anyone know if they sent all offers out yesterday? Of if more are going out over the next couple days? Queens is my first choice for grad school, but the deadline to accept my second choice is today...so I'm a bit conflicted on what to do. 

Call the school with the deadline and ask for an extension while you wait for other offers to come.

20 hours ago, EarlGreyMilkTea said:

Congratulations to you too!!

Do you know which school you’re leaning towards to the most? (asking because I got accepted to Waterloo and Carleton as well so I want to know what your thoughts are about them!) 

Thank you! 

I'm definitely leaning towards Carleton! I think I'll accept the offer soon!

How about you?

1 hour ago, FromE said:

I did when I got the offer and they gave me an extra two days lol

Lol, ask for more. Or, call the opposing school and explain your deadline to accept another offer if you dont hear from them in two days

Edited by BTF

7 minutes ago, MPAMPPA2022 said:

No, it's on Carleton Central under the 'Statement of Standing' section.

7 minutes ago, MPAMPPA2022 said:

No, it's on Carleton Central under the 'Statement of Standing' section.

Hmm, I got offered admission as well but I can't seem to find if I have gotten funding or not. Their website is a bit confusing to me. I am still waiting to hear back from Ryerson and Uvic

36 minutes ago, Ey1357 said:

Hmm, I got offered admission as well but I can't seem to find if I have gotten funding or not. Their website is a bit confusing to me. I am still waiting to hear back from Ryerson and Uvic

Congrats! I am waiting on UVIC as well. You can also view the funding in your MyCarletonOne (MC1) account by clicking on Applications > Carleton Central Graduate Admissions > View Application Details > Statement of Standing: View/Accept/Decline Offer of Admission. 

Hope that helps!

Edited by MPAMPPA2022

On 3/3/2022 at 1:59 PM, MPAMPPA2022 said:

I Got accepted into Carleton earlier today with $24k in funding. Still waiting on UVIC. 

Congrats! Me too, I reached out to the Uvic grad admissions and they said they will likely be releasing decisions in the third week of April. I wish they would announce sooner like other schools, because most schools like Carelton have a deadline to apply.