2022 Chemistry Admissions Cycle Thread

VashtaNerada

9 hours ago, hartree said:

Has anyone here applied to theory and computation/pchem track for the following programs? If so, were all the decisions for that track released at once?

MIT, UofMichigan (Ann Arbor), Caltech, Cornell, and UChicago

Might want to check UChicago portal. I got a rejection with no email, and seems like most were released all at once

23 hours ago, crazydiamond5 said:

Has anyone else heard back from UCSF? someone posted that they got contacted by POI today...

i also got a call from my poi today, though it might just be because we've been in contact for a while. official letters should be going out to everyone accepted soon

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, phdbound2022 said:

i was impressed by U Chicago. They have gone to great lengths to impress the candidates during the visit

Ha yep but the cost of living in Chi Town be kinda high and the environment nawwww

If I still haven't heard back from schools at this point (UIUC, UF, GTech) should I just assume it is a rejection? I want to accept an offer so I can begin looking for housing but I'm still "awaiting decision" to my top choice. 

Edited by ilsc