2022 Chemistry Admissions Cycle Thread

VashtaNerada

1 hour ago, Saisei said:

Do you know if those accepted were all emailed by their POI that interviewed them?

And was each person interviewed by their POI? I was, but that's all I know

I have no idea lol, I was rejected without an interview

Edited by chemnerd101

34 minutes ago, chemnerd101 said:

I have no idea lol, I was rejected without an interview

My interview was so awkward that I cannot imagine being accepted, so consider me rejected, might as well. My POI specifically emphasized the parts of her research that did not match mine. I guess it's my mistake for writing about the parts of her research that I liked? Never mind that I had two other POI who my current works matches great with :')

8 minutes ago, Saisei said:

MIT inorg profs pls put me out of my misery already I have other schools to go to now :')

If they are gonna reject some of us after interviews, what's taking them so long? My friends who got rejected without interviews are far better off right now and planning their visitation weekends at other unis while here I am refreshing my mail every 5 minutes like a maniac ?

38 minutes ago, alChemist_07 said:

If they are gonna reject some of us after interviews, what's taking them so long? My friends who got rejected without interviews are far better off right now and planning their visitation weekends at other unis while here I am refreshing my mail every 5 minutes like a maniac ?

Especially since they seem done with results for with the other divisions of chem... I feel you

So I applied to 10 schools, three safeties and seven reaches. Accepted by the three safeties in December and rejected from another three this month. Should I just assume the rest are rejections?

The four I'm waiting to hear from are: Emory, Georgia Tech, University of Florida, and UIUC.

Accepted: UofSC, Clemson, UGA

Rejected: UChicago, Duke, Princeton

On 1/30/2022 at 10:21 AM, spheniscidae21 said:

Just wondering, did you receive the official admission letter from UCSD? They sent the nomination letter a while ago.

Also wondering if official admission letters have started coming out. Haven’t heard anything from UCSD and given nomination letters went out ages ago I’m expecting the worst

On 1/31/2022 at 3:59 PM, alChemist_07 said:

This cracked me up!