2022 Chemistry Admissions Cycle Thread

VashtaNerada

3 minutes ago, chem3097 said:

ChemBio/Organic. Yeah I have no idea how this process works. Seems like the schools make it up as they go which is fairly annoying to say the least. 

I'm organic here too! Congrats for real that's amazing. Yeah, I'm not going to email every school asking for updates but the lack of transparency is a little bothersome. I don't know when to expect anything, when to remain hopeful etc. 

4 hours ago, bilcant said:

Okay so, is it now safe to say that I can give up hope if I haven't received an MIT interview invite? ? 

You never know. Maybe you're in the second wave if enough people turn MIT down. Wait in pain with me for our reject letters :)

1 hour ago, Saisei said:

You never know. Maybe you're in the second wave if enough people turn MIT down. Wait in pain with me for our reject letters :)

I have a strong feeling not many people have heard from MIT actually… from what I’m understanding, only a few have heard so far and that too from diff divisions so we might be good rn!

Anyone still waiting to hear back from Berkeley? I'm starting to get nervous. From what I can tell, if you don't hear back in January, the prognosis is bad. Debating whether to email admissions for a status update... 

26 minutes ago, tacinmosh said:

Anyone still waiting to hear back from Berkeley? I'm starting to get nervous. From what I can tell, if you don't hear back in January, the prognosis is bad. Debating whether to email admissions for a status update... 

Still waiting here as well. I've been nervous but I'm with you it's starting to get to the point where the odds are shrinking rapidly. I don't know if I plan to email for an update either yet, same boat as you exactly lol

On 1/20/2022 at 12:25 PM, VenomMan35 said:

Where have you gotten accepted so far?

Just UT Austin, UT Southwestern, and UIUC. I also got a rejection from Duke on Monday (which is actually the only school I reached out to a PI at). I guess they really didn't like me since I'm pretty sure they're still making decisions. I'm too excited about UIUC to care though! Still waiting on UCLA, Northwestern, and Caltech.

1 minute ago, Scramblase said:

Just UT Austin, UT Southwestern, and UIUC. I also got a rejection from Duke on Monday (which is actually the only school I reached out to a PI at). I guess they really didn't like me since I'm pretty sure they're still making decisions. I'm too excited about UIUC to care though! Still waiting on UCLA, Northwestern, and Caltech.

That's awesome man congrats!! Those are all good options and it's cool you have multiple already. Waiting on UCLA (among others) with you, lets hope it works out! Im so stressed