2022 Chemistry Admissions Cycle Thread

VashtaNerada

10 hours ago, jtn_11 said:

I have question for PhD in person interview. Does those event means that you are likely to be accepted. They are paying for it all expense and I have no idea what are the odds of me getting in that institution.

It depends. If they said accepted then u are accepted. If u got an interview they think you are really strong but might be looking to trim the number a little. I'd say u are mostly accepted so don't stress but just play safe; if they see any red flags they might reject.

9 hours ago, spheniscidae21 said:

Congrats. Applied to NYU for organic as well. Did you get an email from POI or was it a portal update?

Got an email from Director of Grad Studies. Needed official transcripts, sent them, and then got an email back later saying I was accepted. Official letter will be coming sometime in February. Hope you hear back soon too! 

17 hours ago, chemgrad2022 said:

Accepted to UC Irvine last night! Gonna accept that Berkeley is a no at this point lol 

Congrats :) I'm still waiting on a couple other UC schools, but yeah I'm assuming both Berkeley/UCLA are no's at this point. Just wish they'd rip the band-aid off lol

Just now, VenomMan35 said:

Congrats :) I'm still waiting on a couple other UC schools, but yeah I'm assuming both Berkeley/UCLA are no's at this point. Just wish they'd rip the band-aid off lol

Yeah, I really wish they just sent any updates out at this point. Based on last year's cycle it seems they inform you in late March, which I feel is kind of messed up. UCLA was my top choice over any school, but it is what it is! Just work hard wherever you do end up!

3 hours ago, chemnerd101 said:

MIT just sent out their rejections for organic... in case anyone is still waiting 

Do you know if those accepted were all emailed by their POI that interviewed them?

And was each person interviewed by their POI? I was, but that's all I know

53 minutes ago, Saisei said:

Do you know if those accepted were all emailed by their POI that interviewed them?

And was each person interviewed by their POI? I was, but that's all I know

I was called by one of the profs that interviewed me, and I did list them as a POI on the application. Not sure if that was by chance or by design? 

11 minutes ago, maplelatte said:

I was called by one of the profs that interviewed me, and I did list them as a POI on the application. Not sure if that was by chance or by design? 

Were only organic decisions for MIT released today?