Biomedical Sciences PhD Applicants (Fall 2022)

pathoscientist

13 hours ago, Hostmicrobe said:

I actually heard back from a member of admissions committee and interviewed with him for 30 minutes on Dec 28, 2021. When I asked about the next step, he said that the prelim interview would go on until late Jan, from which they select qualified applicants to a recruitment event. I haven't heard back from them ever since so I'm not sure if I wasn't selected or if they're still working on the selection process. 

Having said that, I interviewed for MOCB track of BISI, and the process might be different for the track you applied to.

Are you a domestic applicant?

10 hours ago, _epigeneticsstudent said:

Has anyone heard back from Stanford Biosciences after submitting in the interview form?

No I haven't heard back yet. I'm not expecting to hear from them for a while though since the interview isn't for another month. I'm still waiting to hear back from USC after filling out their interview form and the interview for them is on the 19th 

10 minutes ago, ImmunoCat said:

No I haven't heard back yet. I'm not expecting to hear from them for a while though since the interview isn't for another month. I'm still waiting to hear back from USC after filling out their interview form and the interview for them is on the 19th 

Hey, was the 19th the only interview date for USC? Good luck with your interviews!

Does anyone know if Vandy IGP and Notre Dame IBMS programs sent out all interview invites already? 

Also, to anyone who has gone on interviews so far, what are some of the thought-provoking or strange questions you have encountered during interviews? 

Has anyone heard from UC Davis Biochemistry, Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology (BMCDB) program yet? I emailed the professors that I listed on my application and looks like they like my research experience. Unfortunately, I have not received invitation for the recruitment interview. ?

Question for those who received interview invitations to UW-Madison's MDTP Program

Did you all receive an email from them containing a link to a document that lists the profiles of all of the invitees? This is kind of weird as I can't figure out if it was an accident or intentional. Each profile contains the Name, Undergrad/ Graduate school info, email address, research interest, Faculty interests, personal interests and Photo of all invitees. If you received it, what do you make of it? 

1 hour ago, teycorn said:

Has anyone heard from UC Davis Biochemistry, Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology (BMCDB) program yet? I emailed the professors that I listed on my application and looks like they like my research experience. Unfortunately, I have not received invitation for the recruitment interview. ?

I applied to the program too and didn’t hear anything yet. I also don’t see any posts on the results page either. 

19 minutes ago, hp0809 said:

I applied to the program too and didn’t hear anything yet. I also don’t see any posts on the results page either. 

I emailed the graduate coordinator for BMCDB back in December and earlier today.. but no response:(

2 hours ago, teycorn said:

I received a call from them in December and just confirmed my participation for recruitment/interview weekend Feb 7-8. It was initially in person but they had to move it online. 

I have no idea if they are doing first and second rounds, but I'm hoping they are! I'm sorry I didn't post something sooner. Best of luck! 

1 minute ago, busy_bean said:

I received a call from them in December and just confirmed my participation for recruitment/interview weekend Feb 7-8. It was initially in person but they had to move it online. 

I have no idea if they are doing first and second rounds, but I'm hoping they are! I'm sorry I didn't post something sooner. Best of luck! 

No problem! Thanks for letting us know. Btw, are you an international?

Good luck on your interview!

14 hours ago, SicEm said:

Quick update, I had my first interview today and it went a lot better than I was expecting! It was really quite enjoyable and fun to be able to speak with the faculty. I definitely shouldn't have stressed as much as I did before hand haha

Do you mind sharing what program?

3 hours ago, Yijuncute said:

may i ask what questions they usually ask in the interview? Really need help..

I was asked primarily about my research. I got the general questions regarding tell me about yourself, why this program, why a PhD, what are you looking for in a lab, my research interests and what I would want to study in the program, potential faculty I might be interested in working with, and do you have any questions for me. I did get a question about prior teaching experience and the importance of teaching which I thought was interesting. Overall it was very conversational and really kind of fun to be able to talk to all of the people. It was only 30 minutes per interview but I could have easily talked to them for longer.

33 minutes ago, SicEm said:

I was asked primarily about my research. I got the general questions regarding tell me about yourself, why this program, why a PhD, what are you looking for in a lab, my research interests and what I would want to study in the program, potential faculty I might be interested in working with, and do you have any questions for me. I did get a question about prior teaching experience and the importance of teaching which I thought was interesting. Overall it was very conversational and really kind of fun to be able to talk to all of the people. It was only 30 minutes per interview but I could have easily talked to them for longer.

Thank you so much for your help! Sounds not that stressful. I am just too nervous…anyway, best luck for us!