Biomedical Sciences PhD Applicants (Fall 2022)

pathoscientist

On 1/21/2022 at 6:53 PM, Yijuncute said:

Hey guys, long waiting has almost driven me crazy. Today I emailed the faculty to ask about my interview, and the professor said I was on the waitlist for there were many great applicants this year. I wonder the chance for me to be accepted under this situation. It worries me so much…

I'm sorry to hear that. At least its not a 'no.' Did you email the program email or the faculty you interviewed with? I wish you all the best.

1 hour ago, pathoscientist said:

I'm sorry to hear that. At least its not a 'no.' Did you email the program email or the faculty you interviewed with? I wish you all the best.

Actually I didn’t receive any official emails. I just emailed the professor who I had contacted before and also was one of the admission committee. She told me that I was on the waitlist. 

On 1/21/2022 at 12:41 PM, Hostmicrobe said:

Has anyone who interviewed with UVA BIMS last week heard back from them? I saw one acceptance on the results section. If someone has heard back from them, can you please mention which track did you interview with?

Hello, I’m interviewing with this this week and was wondering if you could share how your experience was. Thanks

11 hours ago, Macrophage24 said:

Hello, I’m interviewing with this this week and was wondering if you could share how your experience was. Thanks

Hi! I would say it was pretty casual. The current graduate students seemed very nice and honest about their experience. The faculties I interviewed with wanted to know a little bit about my research and they liked talking about theirs. I'd suggest to look a lil bit on their website and have a couple questions about their research, and a couple about the program. Overall, I found them very welcoming and easy-going; also the BIMS program's diversity is what I was impressed with. Good luck with your interview!

On 1/28/2022 at 3:11 PM, rainbowsprimkle said:

Alright, so I STILL haven't heard a thing from UPenn BGS. Admissions is ghosting my emails, invites/accepts/rejects have all gone out. Should we just conclude that I'm rejected? I applied to pharmacology btw. 

I'm in the same boat as you. Assuming it's a silent rejection.

10 hours ago, housefly said:

I'm in the same boat as you. Assuming it's a silent rejection.

I got an official rejection from them so i think if you haven’t heard back that’s a good thing. Maybe waitlisted 

On 1/21/2022 at 1:41 PM, Hostmicrobe said:

Has anyone who interviewed with UVA BIMS last week heard back from them? I saw one acceptance on the results section. If someone has heard back from them, can you please mention which track did you interview with?

just wondering if you've heard back from them (if you feel comfortable sharing).

1 hour ago, lowkey_surviver said:

just wondering if you've heard back from them (if you feel comfortable sharing).

Hi! Unfortunately, I haven't heard back from them yet. I don't know if others who interviewed with MIC cluster have heard back yet. 

Has anyone interviewed with Columbia CMBS yet that could share how it went? Their statistics show that only about 45 or 50% of interviewees get accepted, so I'm wondering if it's more cutthroat or intense than other interviews, or if it's nothing different really.

Would appreciate any advice! Thanks!

2 hours ago, m114rh.02 said:

Has anyone interviewed with Columbia CMBS yet that could share how it went? Their statistics show that only about 45 or 50% of interviewees get accepted, so I'm wondering if it's more cutthroat or intense than other interviews, or if it's nothing different really.

Would appreciate any advice! Thanks!

I had mine, it was pretty similar to any other interview even though its more selective

Just got an official rejection letter from Stanford Biosciences (Cancer Biology - Home). FINALLY! Wasn't expecting much at this point anyway. Glad to have some closure. There are still schools I have yet to hear back from but I'm just going to focus on the interviews I do have.