SIPA - Fall 2022

Nomad48

I just emailed about thirty minutes ago and got a response that my application was still under review, and I would hear within the next two weeks.

"Thank you very much for your email and continued interest in Columbia SIPA. Your application is still under review. We apologize for the delay and will inform you of our decision within the next two weeks."

I applied for the MPA program Early Action, applying mid-day on November 1. I created this account with a great username to hopefully help give a potential timeline... 

I received my acceptance for the MPA program today, January 10. However, I never got an email notification (checked spam and every other possible place). They informed me last week I would hear within the next two weeks, so I'd recommend people check their portal instead of waiting for an email. I have no idea what time they posted the announcement, just that I checked around 8:30 PM EST. 

Best of luck to everyone!

I received my acceptance decision for MPA from SIPA yesterday!! The letter says that the funding details will be communicated in a few weeks. However, their website says that it would be in March. So I'm a little confused. If anyone has any information on that, it would be super helpful.

As more decisions are released, there will be a lot of confusion on which university/funding package is better. If anyone wishes to discuss that or other things admissions related, feel free to reach out. Thank you!

Good luck to everyone who is waiting to hear back!

Edited by Internationalgradstudent

On 1/8/2022 at 5:51 AM, aspiringmpagrad said:

Received my decision today for the MPA and got a conditional Admission (with completion of some quant courses).

So I received my MPA-DP decision way early (before christmas) and the MPA decision just now. Well— the MPA-DP was my first choice anyway so :) 

Was the MPA-DP offer also conditional on completion of quant courses? Could you tell how many quant courses you completed? I have taken classes in statistics, econ but not calculus

4 hours ago, sanctaphrax said:

Was the MPA-DP offer also conditional on completion of quant courses? Could you tell how many quant courses you completed? I have taken classes in statistics, econ but not calculus

The MPA-DP was not a conditional admission which was great. I was a humanities major and took zero quant courses during undergrad. However, I did develop some quantitative experience through my subsequent emplyoment. — (on a side note, during the video essay, I got the question “what class are you most looking forward to taking” and in addition to my specific policy area, I also discussed my excitement for further developing my quantitative experience at sipa, understanding that is a real need and weak point in my application)

Edited by aspiringmpagrad

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This year the deadline was earlier than pervious years (usually 5 January) so not sure how this will impact their timeline but here are some release dates: 

2021: Tuesday, March 16 

2020: Friday, March 13

2019: Tuesday, March 12

2018: Friday, March 9

2017: Friday, March 10 

On 2/28/2022 at 6:06 PM, RICDIN said:

Does anyone have any insight into the final decision notification date?

Hi! I applied by Early Action and was accepted in the MPA - DP. 

We are supposed to hear from financial aid by mid march... I do not think I am going to survive my anxiety ?

Has anybody received any news about that? 

On 3/5/2022 at 12:41 AM, Lupata said:

Hi! I applied by Early Action and was accepted in the MPA - DP. 

We are supposed to hear from financial aid by mid march... I do not think I am going to survive my anxiety ?

Has anybody received any news about that? 

Nope, still have not heard anything from them. It's not mid-March yet though! I would expect to hear back by March 20th.