SIPA - Fall 2022

Nomad48

Just heard back as well!! (And thanks to this thread! Seeing housing.ed's post made me check my email). 

I got ACCEPTED!! Into their MPA-DP program. So happy and joyful right now. They said that I will hear about financial information "in a few weeks." 

I also applied to the MPA but have not heard back on that one yet.

Good luck everyone! 

Accepted to MIA earlier today. The video response wasn't bad for me - they asked me a question that I had an anecdote about, so I just incorporated that. However, from what I've heard from former SIPA students, I really don't think the video response matters much.

The welcome letter says that all scholarships (funding?) will be included in the admissions letter. Was this the case for you guys accepted with funding? (Since my admission letter only stated I will hear about the cost of attendance and other details "in a few weeks" instead of a direct statement concerning funding availability in March). 

Hi so I had applied early action but did not hear back from them at all. They had asked me for some additional material after my application was submitted and it took me approximately 4 working days to get it to them- do you think they pushed me to round 1 instead? I have mailed them but have not heard back ? Really getting anxious about this now

@housing.edthis news (and reading through that thread) has simultaneously increased my hope and anxiety. Oh well. I guess time for the three month waiting game. I am just happy with this acceptance (it is my first option after all!)

@anxiousafI applied early action to both the MPA-DP and the standard MPA. But I’ve only heard back form the MPA-DP — so maybe it is dependent as well on the program? Which one did you apply to?

4 hours ago, aspiringmpagrad said:

@housing.edthis news (and reading through that thread) has simultaneously increased my hope and anxiety. Oh well. I guess time for the three month waiting game. I am just happy with this acceptance (it is my first option after all!)

@anxiousafI applied early action to both the MPA-DP and the standard MPA. But I’ve only heard back form the MPA-DP — so maybe it is dependent as well on the program? Which one did you apply to?

I applied to MIA only, but knowing that someone is stil waiting too is making this whole situation weirder. Maybe they are sending out things slowly? Any chance you got pushed to Round 1 as well? 

On 12/22/2021 at 10:31 PM, anxiousaf said:

I applied to MIA only, but knowing that someone is stil waiting too is making this whole situation weirder. Maybe they are sending out things slowly? Any chance you got pushed to Round 1 as well? 

submitted all my documents for both on time for early action, so either they have not released all decisions for early action, or its dependent on the program; or maybe diff. times for waitlisting/rejection/acceptance etc.?

1 hour ago, aspiringmpagrad said:

submitted all my documents for both on time for early action, so either they have not released all decisions for early action, or its dependent on the program; or maybe diff. times for waitlisting/rejection/acceptance etc.?

So I received my decision on Friday and I was waitlisted but I know people who got theirs earlier and were rejected/ accepted etc so don’t worry they are just slowly sending these decisions 

@IRsecuritygrad

I applied to the MPA program by the early action deadline as well, have not heard back either. I was anxious all day yesterday since they were back from Xmas break but nothing yet. I expected we would hear back right after as they stated that we would be notified by Jan 1st. let's hope today is the day! Has anyone else heard back from the MPA program? 

On 12/20/2021 at 6:48 PM, aspiringmpagrad said:

Just heard back as well!! (And thanks to this thread! Seeing housing.ed's post made me check my email). 

I got ACCEPTED!! Into their MPA-DP program. So happy and joyful right now. They said that I will hear about financial information "in a few weeks." 

I also applied to the MPA but have not heard back on that one yet.

Good luck everyone! 

@aspiringmpagrad

Have you heard back from the MPA yet? It seems all the results out so far seem to be MPA-DP. I applied to the MPA-EE and I'm not sure how I will hear back by Jan 1st since they will be off till the Monday. Do you think that means I am waitlisted / rejected or they are just slow in sending those out and wont meet the Jan 1st stated date? 

Edited by Stingray22

6 hours ago, Stingray22 said:

@aspiringmpagrad

Have you heard back from the MPA yet? It seems all the results out so far seem to be MPA-DP. I applied to the MPA-EE and I'm not sure how I will hear back by Jan 1st since they will be off till the Monday. Do you think that means I am waitlisted / rejected or they are just slow in sending those out and wont meet the Jan 1st stated date? 

I haven't heard back from the MPA results either