SIPA - Fall 2022

Nomad48

1 hour ago, PolicyGradInterests said:

Do you think this means for the International Fellows Program, too? I got aid in my decision letter, but nothing about IFP

It said I was awarded a two-year fellowship package but did not specify the IFP so I assumed I did not get in to that.

edit* i thought original post was replying to me but apparently not—i am misreadingstuff from all the enthusiasm

Edited by aspiringmpagrad

1 hour ago, renrx said:

I got in for MPA-DP! For those wondering about institutional funding, I emailed and here's their reply: 

"Thank you for contacting the SIPA Office of Financial Aid. We are currently evaluating all applicants for school based funding consideration. We will have decisions released by Friday, March 18 to students eligible for scholarships and fellowships. If you do not receive notification by Friday, you are not eligible. We thank you for your patience, and if we can be of further assistance please let us know."

Would this mean there is hope? Because the other mail says that decisions have been released

32 minutes ago, sanctaphrax said:

Would this mean there is hope? Because the other mail says that decisions have been released

I have not heard from financial aid.. I was accepted in December (applied Early Action) but still no news about scholarships... so I guess they won´t give me any :(

4 hours ago, PolicyGradInterests said:

Do you think this means for the International Fellows Program, too? I got aid in my decision letter, but nothing about IFP

I didn't apply for IFP, so im not sure. 

3 hours ago, sanctaphrax said:

I thought that they would say all offers have been made, but it surprised me to get this kind of response. So it gives me a bit of hope. 

Congratulations to everyone who got in! Exciting times! I don't know if there's anyone who's in the same position as well but I was just wondering if there are fellow WL hopefuls in the thread? It seemed like a really busy application season this year and I do hope that we can get notifications soon(er)! :) 

Am I the only one that hasn’t heard back from SIPA for MPA fall of 2022??? I’m literally checking the status of my application every hour lol. I applied for the duel program with the MSW, and got into that program! I don’t know how confident I feel about getting into SIPA though. I’m taking it as a bad sign that I haven’t gotten an update. Any ideas ??

On 3/16/2022 at 3:04 AM, thatgirlishot said:

Accepted into the SIPA MIA program (conditional, must complete either calculus, or two economics courses)! This was very unexpected and I applied on a whim without much confidence in my ability to get in. Super excited!

May i ask something? Did you have any economic courses while you were undergraduate?

6 hours ago, whatshinesmatters said:

I emailed the admissions, and they literally said decisions will be released within the weak, in batches. 

Just based on that, it is difficult to say whether not getting a decision till now means anything bad

Do you mean within a week? I am curious as well since havent heard back from the admissions.