PhD Applications?

jenny11

12 hours ago, BBQGGe said:

Haven’t heard anything yet, but I emailed admin a week ago and they said the interviews invitation will be sending out in the coming weeks, and the interviews will happen during the mid-late February.

wow thank you very much for sharing. Then we shall wait. Keep in touch! :)

20 hours ago, i hate conceptual art said:

I also applied to UCSD. I did have an informal Zoom meeting with my POI two weeks ago (we talked on Zoom on time before I applied too) and he told me that they will be sending out interview invites at the end of January. So hopefully we'll hear soon!

You might be a strong applicant. I emailed my POI before I applied but no informal Zoom meeting happened. Sorry for myself...?

What does everyone think about interviews? If I did not get an interview, should I assume I will not be offered admission? I met with a potential advisor from my dream school before applying (45 minute conversation), but was not offered to interview with the admissions committee. I just don’t know if admission is contingent on an interview. 
any thoughts?

2 hours ago, jenny11 said:

What does everyone think about interviews? If I did not get an interview, should I assume I will not be offered admission? I met with a potential advisor from my dream school before applying (45 minute conversation), but was not offered to interview with the admissions committee. I just don’t know if admission is contingent on an interview. 
any thoughts?

I have assumed that universities that are interviewing are asking the candidates they’re interested in pursuing to interview, but I’m honestly not 100% sure how any of this works. What university is it if you don’t mind me asking?

6 hours ago, i hate conceptual art said:

I just did the interview with them 2 days ago. 

That's great! Do you mind sharing who you interviewed with / what your subfield is? Would be grateful to know if they told you the timeline of decisions made. Thanks!

1 hour ago, ariajimmy said:

That's great! Do you mind sharing who you interviewed with / what your subfield is? Would be grateful to know if they told you the timeline of decisions made. Thanks!

I'll dm you! I asked them the timeline and the reply was that they are still in the middle of deciding. 

Hello! I applied to this cycle for Yale's PhD art history program. I got an interview before applying with my POI, spoke a few times and with a current student in my prospective area of expertise. I know last time the program admitted that students that were admitted knew on February 8, and denials on 14th. Students doubling up in like film studies knew last week of February latest. I am anxiously waiting as well, would love to connect with anyone else and willing to share my socials/email if you DM me. Thanks!

11 minutes ago, birthofthereadership said:

To the Harvard applicant, big congrats to you! Would you mind sharing if you had an interview prior to acceptance? 

Thank you! I did not have an interview (Harvard doesn't do formal interviews to my knowledge) but knew my POI. Hope everyone hears good news soon!

Edited by falafala

On 2/2/2022 at 1:48 AM, BBQGGe said:

Haven’t heard anything yet, but I emailed admin a week ago and they said the interviews invitation will be sending out in the coming weeks, and the interviews will happen during the mid-late February.

See two interviews updated...But deadly silence me here