PhD Applications?

jenny11

I was not interviewed for Yale, but my instincts are telling me that we are likely to find out starting next week. I can't imagine that they will wait until March since on  April 15 we have to give our decision. Or if they really got that many more applications I would hope they would let us know latest March 5. I am super nervous too! 

Hey guys,

Just want to share some news.

I have friends who are applying for history PhD this year. They have already received several rejects (at least sort of notification)

I wonder when will most schools give any kinds of info. Really anxious now.

Hey team, saw that in the earlier thread there were some other folks who interviewed for Berkeley. I know I was told that we were supposed to know last week and now that it's coming up on a whole two  weeks later I am insanely nervous, anybody heard any news or know what the timeframe might be? 

On 2/8/2022 at 8:45 PM, littlepalmtree said:

I was not interviewed for Yale, but my instincts are telling me that we are likely to find out starting next week. I can't imagine that they will wait until March since on  April 15 we have to give our decision. Or if they really got that many more applications I would hope they would let us know latest March 5. I am super nervous too! 

I think you are right, I checked the previous results page, they are most likely to come up next week, even on Valentines' day?

I was told they wanted interviews to be done before Feb 1, so I assume we should hear something soon.

29 minutes ago, lucydacus said:

Hey team, saw that in the earlier thread there were some other folks who interviewed for Berkeley. I know I was told that we were supposed to know last week and now that it's coming up on a whole two  weeks later I am insanely nervous, anybody heard any news or know what the timeframe might be? 

Hey team,

I just received this email from my POI at Bryn Mawr College.

I want to know if it's only an interview or more like an unofficial offer.

I am glad to let you know that we have just had a department meeting discussing all the applications to our graduate program this year. You have been ranked as one of the top candidates. The committee was impressed by your passion for art, your previous academic training in art history, your fieldwork in Chinese museums, and your approach to Chinese art. The committee was excited that our department and college can provide the necessary support you need to prepare for your future career. 

I will be ready to meet with you via Zoom or Skype, and perhaps to chat about the graduate program and your plans at Bryn Mawr.

Btw the title for this email is Good News.

Could anyone who received interview invitations share invitation details? 

Lots of thanks

Edited by StarF

i just got invited to interview with Columbia early next week (15 mins, zoom) !  I was super surprised given that others on this thread have already been invited to interview and have been accepted. Trying not to read too much into it. Does anyone have any specific advice for the Columbia interview?

Hi all! Got a zoom request yesterday from Yale for FMS/Art History dual phd with the film studies DGS. I also had a zoom chat with a Columbia art history professor mid-December, which was kind of awkward (I tend to get very nervous on zoom even though I prepared for it pretty excessively haha). Both have been framed more as an opportunity for me to ask questions than for them to ask me about my application or do what would be typical interview questions and are brief. Neither used the word "interview" either. The PhD application process never ceases to confound me but hopefully we'll all have results soon!

17 hours ago, littlepalmtree said:

Just saying, if anyone on this doesn't have Yale as a first choice and already has an offer it would be very sexy of you this valentines to take the risk for the collective good and call the department asking when we might find out about admission decisions. ❤️

i wish i had applied just so i could barter a call to your first choice in exchange for a call to MY first choice ? i'm truly dying out here

Edited by lucydacus