PhD Applications?

jenny11

On 3/3/2022 at 5:54 PM, birthofthereadership said:

Waitlisted candidate for HTC at MIT, congratulations! Did they let you know if they've already sent out their acceptances? 

This was me—thank you! I received an email from my POI stating that admitted candidates have until April (no date specified) to accept and that the school tries to 'speed things along.' They didn't specify whether acceptances had been sent out.

I also received an official letter informing me that I'm on the wait list and that admitted candidates have until April 15 to accept. I have another offer with an April 15 deadline, and MIT HTC has always been my top choice, by far—I do hope I hear back from MIT before the 15th.

14 hours ago, birthofthereadership said:

For those posting acceptances today to NYU, did you interview? 

The NYU acceptances today were for the MA program and not the PhD! But there weren't interviews for the MA either way, only the PhD. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 2/4/2022 at 5:18 PM, nudeinbrook said:

For those of you applying to and considering UCSD make sure you really understand your funding package. 

I've heard that a lot of Ph.D. students only get partial funding?

• 2 months later...
On 2/4/2022 at 5:18 PM, nudeinbrook said:

For those of you applying to and considering UCSD make sure you really understand your funding package. 

Can you elaborate more either in this thread or via PM?