ETH Zurich (ETHZ) 2022 - Admissions and ESOP/ETH-D decisions

dasdas

47 minutes ago, Battery voltas said:

Has anyone here heard back from D-ITET for the M.Sc in EEIT program? The results were out by Feb 18th last year, seems like there's a delay. There seems to be no sound regarding ESOP too, atleast amongst the 2-3 applicants who I know of.

I haven't heard back either 

40 minutes ago, AmoreChan said:

Anyone heard from the CBB program or the biology MSc? I applied for the ESOP. But I haven't heard anything from them yet. I'm really nervous about it.

I also applied to the CBB and ESOP. No message too.

3 hours ago, AnonECE said:

Has anybody reached out to D-ITEE about when decisions might come out?

I asked the same on multiple forums: did not hear anything back, but I think it might be better to wait it out. I thought of reaching out to them, until I saw the "Your application is being processed. Please be patient." on their portal.

1 minute ago, zuluzazu said:

According to last 2 years data on Gradcafe first rejections come out and then after 5-6 days acceptances come out which is quite weird. Did you have ESOP interview BTW?

No, I haven’t. Which is quite sad tbh. But an admission would be definitely a perfect present :)

4 minutes ago, zuluzazu said:

According to last 2 years data on Gradcafe first rejections come out and then after 5-6 days acceptances come out which is quite weird. Did you have ESOP interview BTW?

I wonder how many days do you have to prepare for the interview 

Just now, azzazz said:

I wonder how many days do you have to prepare for the interview 

I got notification on Monday that I have interview on Thursday. He asked me about my future plans, detailed discussion about my proposal and one of my publications. Then had a discussion about what other research interests other than the proposal and finally he asked whether I have any competing offers and when I said I have CMU MSML he talked about pros and cons of CMU and ETH since he did his PHD from CMU. It was not at all technical 

1 minute ago, zuluzazu said:

May I ask your profile?

Sure. Eastern European country (not EU). BSc from the best Uni of my country. High GPA (among 5% of best students), Good LoRs, one publication, almost one year of working experience (Software Development), and quite low GRE btw (which is my weakest point)

2 minutes ago, zuluzazu said:

I got notification on Monday that I have interview on Thursday. He asked me about my future plans, detailed discussion about my proposal and one of my publications. Then had a discussion about what other research interests other than the proposal and finally he asked whether I have any competing offers and when I said I have CMU MSML he talked about pros and cons of CMU and ETH since he did his PHD from CMU. It was not at all technical 

Thank you!

26 minutes ago, byrekmegjize said:

Hey y'all, 

For everyone who hasn't heard from ESOP, does this mean we probably won't be contacted since we're nearing the beginning of March? I don't know if I should keep my hopes high or give up on ESOP haha. 

Thank you all! :) 

I kinda gave up, but heard that some people had interviews in the beginning of March in earlier cycles. 

20 hours ago, zuluzazu said:

By saying "It was not at all technical", do you mean the entire interview wasn't technical at all? And also, how long was the interview? And how did you prep for it? 

3 hours ago, curiousExplorer said:

By saying "It was not at all technical", do you mean the entire interview wasn't technical at all? And also, how long was the interview? And how did you prep for it? 

Nope I would not say it was technical. Just you need to know the details about your thesis proposal and your publication. I prepared by reading the papers that I used as reference to come up with my proposal and also read some available projects in the professors lab who was interviewing me. The professor interviewing me was the same professor whom I mentioned in SoP

Edited by zuluzazu

On 2/24/2022 at 4:45 PM, AmoreChan said:

Anyone heard from the CBB program or the biology MSc? I applied for the ESOP. But I haven't heard anything from them yet. I'm really nervous about it.

Heya, fellow applicant to CBB here, internal (ETH, Biology BSc student). No news at all regarding CBB.

The Biology MSc ESOPs interviews are mostly through at this point (I know a few people who had interviews, all in the first half of February) although only a few responses have been given out overall.

I've heard from previous years' admitted people that the D-BSSE (Biotech & CBB) admissions are among the last ones sent among all departments (also, BSSE programs are both joint ones, CBB is even triple uni so coordination might be a hassle), this would probably also affect their ESOP interview times...

9 hours ago, JunoKreisler said:

Heya, fellow applicant to CBB here, internal (ETH, Biology BSc student). No news at all regarding CBB.

The Biology MSc ESOPs interviews are mostly through at this point (I know a few people who had interviews, all in the first half of February) although only a few responses have been given out overall.

I've heard from previous years' admitted people that the D-BSSE (Biotech & CBB) admissions are among the last ones sent among all departments (also, BSSE programs are both joint ones, CBB is even triple uni so coordination might be a hassle), this would probably also affect their ESOP interview times...

Hi, thank you for your answer. I applied for ESOP of both programs and since I haven't received the interview for Biology MSc, does it mean that I already got rejected for this program or is it still possible that I might get admission but no scholarship?