UCLA Sociology PhD

caligurl59

Hi everyone! I applied to UCLA for the sociology PhD program, and my portal was recently updated with a University ID number. I was wondering if anyone else had the same experience - does this indicate anything or is it given to all applicants? 

Feel free to use this thread to talk about the UCLA sociology program or anything else related!

4 hours ago, caligurl59 said:

Hi everyone! I applied to UCLA for the sociology PhD program, and my portal was recently updated with a University ID number. I was wondering if anyone else had the same experience - does this indicate anything or is it given to all applicants? 

Feel free to use this thread to talk about the UCLA sociology program or anything else related!

I just checked my UCLA application, and it has the same thing. Unfortunately, I don’t think it means anything in regards to admittance. I received a UM ID from Michigan and a subsequent rejection letter after in 2019. 

Edited by Klutch2381

12 hours ago, caligurl59 said:

Hello! Not a Soc applicant, but I also applied to UCLA and received an ID number as well. I agree with @Klutch2381that it unfortunately doesn't seem to mean anything. I've received student id numbers from institutions in the past for undergrad and grad applications, and some of them ended in rejections. I think most applicants are assigned ID numbers to help with the processing. Regardless, manifesting good news for all of us :)

Hi all, I saw it on the latest results page for UCLA that someone wrote to the grad coordinator and received the response as follows: 

"Some decisions may be released in January and others will come in February. Our admissions committee meet weekly to make decisions but I cannot tell you the exact timeline. We should be able to notify everyone by mid-February. Good luck."

Additionally, I agree that the University ID is probably assigned to all applicants. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, wzzzzzz said:

Saw several offers posted on the result board so far; does it seem like all offers are out? Is it safe to assume rejection if haven't heard anything? 

May be there is a little possibility since they send out offers after conducting interviews which means that there are still some applications are currently under review.

However, if i stand back and think about situation, i don't have much hope to myself.