PhD/DrPH (Public Health) Fall 2023

sheisgreat

I did not receive either the interview from NYU SBS nor the rejection. Do I still have chance? (cry). I have reached out to the admission, but it is always replied by the student ambassador without any useful information every time! They just told me that my application is under review and result will be released soon... But how long does soon mean...

9 hours ago, flightoffancy said:

Tulane DrPH Leadership, Equity, and Advocacy sent out decisions on Friday, March 10th via a letter posted to the portal. I was waitlisted. They said they'll probably respond to waitlist people after April 15th (the deadline for admitted students to respond).

hi!! i applied to Tulane but did not get any notification... which portal?

On 3/13/2023 at 10:27 AM, MellyPlinis said:

May I ask if there is any update on your part? I still didn't get the funding but the PI reached out to me and said the schoolwide funding would be decided later in March or early April. 

Hi thank you for the information! I have not gotten any update. My PI said he'll let me know as soon as the funding situation is available, so I guess theres nothing else to do but to wait...

Hi All!.  I was accepted to Tulane's DrPH program, but waitlisted for John's Hopkins. Still waiting to hear from U of Nebraska and UIC. Having a hard time swallowing the cost of Tulane's program. Anyone have any luck getting funding outside of their school?  

Got an email from UGA and sounds depressing :(

The UGA DrPH Program Committee has reviewed the applications and considered your application a potential fit for the program. However, we do want to note that the Doctor of Public Health (DrPH) degree program at the University of Georgia College of Public Health is designed to prepare graduates for senior level public health practice careers. Options are also available for students with interests in academia or applied research careers in public health. Note that the Program does NOT offer financial assistance. 

hey y'all i applied to GWU - phd global public health sciences on 12/1 and haven't heard aNYTHING LOL. they are no longer my top choice and i will not be attending even if i get in due to the location but i am wondering if anyone heard from global public health sciences? if you'd rather message me privately i'd love to hear any updates!

4 hours ago, spiralingepi said:

hey y'all i applied to GWU - phd global public health sciences on 12/1 and haven't heard aNYTHING LOL. they are no longer my top choice and i will not be attending even if i get in due to the location but i am wondering if anyone heard from global public health sciences? if you'd rather message me privately i'd love to hear any updates!

I am also waiting on a response from this program. I emailed about a week ago and they said they were still reviewing applications would have decisions “within the coming weeks” whatever that means so I think it may still be awhile

22 hours ago, PublicHealth07 said:

Has anyone heard from the UIC DrPH program yet? It’s been silence since I applied. 

I emailed them on Monday and asked them if they knew a better timeline. They did say they are trying to have decisions by beginning of April