MEM 2011 applicants

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Accepted at Yale MEM. Found it out through the website. No mails yet. They'll let me know about funding in 2 weeks time.

My first post on this site. Been stalking it for a while, but a good way to start being active here :)

I was accepted to UCSB but don't find out about funding until April 1.

I also received the Educational Opportunity Fund from SPEA. So I was leaning towards Duke but I am now a little more undecided because of the savings if I go to IU SPEA.

What does everyone think about reputation vs. cost? Is Duke worth $20,000 more than IU? This is getting so hard!

So apparently everyone on the planet got a notification from UCSB yesterday except for me! I think they forgot about my application. It was my backup backup backup anyway... if no one else but they accepted me, I could always spend 2 years on the beach.

Seahawk- I knocked IU out of the running because Duke was just way too high on rep for me to say no. The cost of living difference isn't that large and maybe you could find opportunities to reduce tuition in your second year at Duke?

I'm pretty sure i'll be going there regardless of who else may say yes to me.

Did you get the email from bren saying decisions would be sent out "no later than March 18th" too? Or was that just for MEMs? I don't know anyone else who applied for the PhD but I can't find a singly lonely MEM applicant who hasn't got a decision.

Were there any PhD submissions on the results section?

Edited by surprisecake

Yes I did. I think the email says 'no later than March 19' but regardless I am very curious about this MIA situation. So there is 1 MEM and 1PhD applicant here waiting.

For those who heard back from UCSB, is it an email telling you guys that decisions are available or you guys just checked the application status page??

<br />Yes I did. I think the email says 'no later than March 19' but regardless I am very curious about this MIA situation. So there is 1 MEM and 1PhD applicant here waiting.<br /><br />For those who heard back from UCSB, is it an email telling you guys that decisions are available or you guys just checked the application status page??<br />
<br /><br /><br />

It was an email that stated that you have to download the attached pdf letter. The letter says the decision.

<br />So apparently everyone on the planet got a notification from UCSB yesterday except for me! I think they forgot about my application. It was my backup backup backup anyway... if no one else but they accepted me, I could always spend 2 years on the beach. <br />Seahawk- I knocked IU out of the running because Duke was just way too high on rep for me to say no. The cost of living difference isn't that large and maybe you could find opportunities to reduce tuition in your second year at Duke? <br />I'm pretty sure i'll be going there regardless of who else may say yes to me.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

SPEA is about 20,000 /year based on twelve credits per semester. But it would take at least 2 years for the MPA/MSES. Duke is about 30,000/year for two years, but I only got 10,000/year funding. How much funding did you get? So are you leaning towards Duke for sure? I can let you know how the admitted student weekend goes!

So this is becoming a really hard decision because Arizona State University SOS offered me a full ride plus stipend. Is anyone else considering SOS? How is the program regarded? I am nervous because the program is so new. Also, Duke is my dream school but I will have to go into a lot of debt! Any opinions will be helpful!

My final decision was between SoS and Nicholas too. I didn't have to stones to accept SoS's offer because they're so new... as much as I love the school. Something that tipped the scales in favour of Nicholas was the weather at Tempe. What did nicholas offer you in terms of scholarship/aid?

My final decision was between SoS and Nicholas too. I didn't have to stones to accept SoS's offer because they're so new... as much as I love the school. Something that tipped the scales in favour of Nicholas was the weather at Tempe. What did nicholas offer you in terms of scholarship/aid?

That's how I feel about SOS! Duke offered 7,000 scholarship and 3,000 assistantship. What about you?