2023 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admissions Results

walterkronkite

On 3/17/2023 at 5:05 PM, lowestprime said:

Anyone know if UC Davis is done sending admission/waitlist letters?

I saw someone was rejected from UC Davis NGG by mail yesterday. I also know someone who got accepted on Monday and another who was waitlisted Wednesday. Finally, the program coordinator said "We are working on sending out the Neuroscience Admission’s decisions this week." on Monday. If ppl haven't received a waitlist invite by now, I assume that means the rejection letter is coming? Any additional info would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

All offers sent

Rejected by email today.

Hey everyone. I've been lucky enough to have several A's this cycle to great schools but have not committed to a program yet (waiting to see movement from Stanford waitlist). Does anyone know how things go after acceptance of offer? When is the earliest you'd likely be able to meet your cohort? Does the school arrange any further visits for matriculated students?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Neurolucida said:

Hey everyone. I've been lucky enough to have several A's this cycle to great schools but have not committed to a program yet (waiting to see movement from Stanford waitlist). Does anyone know how things go after acceptance of offer? When is the earliest you'd likely be able to meet your cohort? Does the school arrange any further visits for matriculated students?

Thanks!

I think it differs a lot school to school. Some will have nothing other than a few emails to the new cohort and events when you arrive. Others have summer workshops that bring the new students together. Earliest you're likely to have communication as a cohort is Apr. 15 because of the deadline. 

• 2 weeks later...