MFA 2023 Freak Out Forum

SocialKonstruct

No official update from Pratt, but they did ask me to submit my transcript so they are in the process of reviewing applications. They said they'd send acceptances in March. 

Same with RISD, I didn't get an interview but I got an email asking to fill out my financial aid form. It's probably just so they can look through applications I'm guessing? 

I have my MICA interview on Friday ahhH!!!!

1 hour ago, blueangel said:

No official update from Pratt, but they did ask me to submit my transcript so they are in the process of reviewing applications. They said they'd send acceptances in March. 

Same with RISD, I didn't get an interview but I got an email asking to fill out my financial aid form. It's probably just so they can look through applications I'm guessing? 

Wanting to see an official transcript is good news! Pratt Photography just invited me to interview. I was wondering if anyone knew someone who went through it (I realize it's a new program) and what they thought. It's, uh, not cheap. 

Have people heard from Bard? Though looking through last year's forum, it seems the program might be in bad shape.

3 hours ago, blueangel said:

I got the same email from RISD (for painting)  with no interview - 

Was wondering if they do a second round of interviews possibly..? Do they consider anyone without an interview?

good luck with the interview with MICA!!!!

7 hours ago, sussy.spacek said:

ahhh congrats and good luck!! i applied also but have not gotten any updates yet so likely am getting a rejection. ? did you get a status update in the application portal or did they email you?

Hey sussy Thank you so much and I believe every concentration has different schedule. It is still relatively early for Columbia considering they have 1000-1200 applications to process every year. I was informed by email, and I have not checked my portal yet. If you got invited for interviews to Yale and Cornell, you should have some faith in your work! I also applied to Cornell this year and realized I made a mistake in my Cornell essay by mentioning a professor who does not work in the Visual Art department..........I believe it is a rejection for me because they do not have different concentration, so interview invitations should have gone out the same time...  I am wondering when did you receive your interview from them??By phone or by email? Thank you and good luck on your interviews! 

9 minutes ago, linlinlin said:

Hey sussy Thank you so much and I believe every concentration has different schedule. It is still relatively early for Columbia considering they have 1000-1200 applications to process every year. I was informed by email, and I have not checked my portal yet. If you got invited for interviews to Yale and Cornell, you should have some faith in your work! I also applied to Cornell this year and realized I made a mistake in my Cornell essay by mentioning a professor who does not work in the Visual Art department..........I believe it is a rejection for me because they do not have different concentration, so interview invitations should have gone out the same time...  I am wondering when did you receive your interview from them??By phone or by email? Thank you and good luck on your interviews! 

Ah, I see!! And thank you, that gives me renewed hope! Fingers crossed...

I got an email from them yesterday, Tuesday, afternoon which included dates/times to choose for a Zoom interview (not many options available either!), and another option to interview in-person in March. And ugh I'm sorry to hear that.... those tiny mistakes are the worst (but so easy to make) when you're applying to so many different schools. 

54 minutes ago, thegradiest said:

I got the same email from RISD (for painting)  with no interview - 

Was wondering if they do a second round of interviews possibly..? Do they consider anyone without an interview?

good luck with the interview with MICA!!!!

I might be miss remembering or confusing it with Yale but I feel like I’ve read about someone on Grad Cafe who got admitted to the 2-year graphic design program at RISD with no interview? Might vary by department!

Also, I got admitted to MCAD!

This is my first application cycle and it wasn’t looking too hot for me aside from an interview invite at another school. I’m just happy to be accepted anywhere and plus this was the most realistic option for me as it allows me to work full time and it’s way more affordable than the other schools!

But I would really prefer to work on my practice full time so crossing my fingers…

5 hours ago, blueangel said:

Hi blueangel,congratulations! Mind if I ask you what discipline you applied? I applied to Pratt and RISD in painting programs. Did you mean final acceptances(after interviewing) from Pratt MFA? Also, I haven't heard from those schools, and from my guess (maybe I got a rejection from them), having an official transcript would be great news for you!

Edited by dawndothat

Just got a rejection from SVA but it's ok...

I'm probably the only one applying there but has anyone heard back from Design Academy Eindhoven? They said they will get back within two weeks with either a rejection or an interview invite but I haven't heard anything since I submitted my application back in mid-January... Not sure what is going on ?

2 hours ago, dawndothat said:

Hi blueangel,congratulations! Mind if I ask you what discipline you applied? I applied to Pratt and RISD in painting programs. Did you mean final acceptances(after interviewing) from Pratt MFA? Also, I haven't heard from those schools, and from my guess (maybe I got a rejection from them), having an official transcript would be great news for you!

Hi, I applied in Painting in everything! I got no interview from both RISD and Pratt. 

Pratt confirmed they've received my application. They are waiting for my college transcripts and cannot proceed with evaluation until they have my materials. They didn't ask for an official one though. RISD said my application is under consideration, and in order to be considered for funding I will need to complete this financial aid form. 

I think I either imagined it or I can't find it (acceptance date). According to the RISD portal: 

We release decisions for graduate applicants in March. We will email you when your application has an update.
Edited by blueangel

33 minutes ago, Garamond said:

Congratulations! I was also accepted to IU-Bloomington (Graphic Design).

Congrats to you as well! I am really impressed with how welcoming everyone there has already been.

1 hour ago, azumarill said:

Hey! Just wondering if anyone in photography area has heard from RISD yet? Quite stressful seeing people get interviews for different departments already

I have not nor have I heard of anyone else getting anything. I did look through some older years and it looks like sometimes photography does interviews quite a bit later than other departments?