2023 Canada Admissions SLP thread

35 minutes ago, hopefulslpp said:

Waitlisted at UofA. Does anyone know if they release if youre in the top or bottom half of the waitlist? 

4 minutes ago, SLP71 said:

Also just waitlisted at UofA and wondering this as well!

4 minutes ago, kits123 said:

It said in my email from U of A that they wouldn't disclose position on the waiting list, so I'm guessing not, but I don't know for sure.

Yes, that's correct they do not disclose waitlist position but, you can inquire about whether you are in the top or bottom of the waitlist from what I remember last year. 

Has the McGill portal been updated for anyone yet? I know they mentioned it could take a week - I got the call Friday and an email with my offer Monday, but still no portal change. 

Will orpas release offers tonight at midnight or tmr at midnight?  Officially, April 3rd comes in at midnight tonight, right?  But it’s a Sunday, so not sure. I just want to tell my stomach whether it has to wait another day, or two. 🤞🏼

1 hour ago, SLPplease1 said:

Will orpas release offers tonight at midnight or tmr at midnight?  Officially, April 3rd comes in at midnight tonight, right?  But it’s a Sunday, so not sure. I just want to tell my stomach whether it has to wait another day, or two. 🤞🏼

I think tonight at midnight... it seems like in previous years they released offers right away at 12am. I'm absolutely shaking either way though lol

16 minutes ago, hopefulslpp said:

I think tonight at midnight... it seems like in previous years they released offers right away at 12am. I'm absolutely shaking either way though lol

I checked this because the wait is literally killing me and I got emails around 12:15am last year on April 1 so I think we should be getting them tonight around midnight :)

52 minutes ago, hopefulslpp said:

I'm in a different time zone so I'm staying up until at least 1 am, I won't be able to sleep!!! I'm so nervous and also excited 

2 hours ago, quruxSLP said:

I’m in a dilemma…. Should I stay up until 12 am to check? Or should I wait until I wake up? I’m leaning towards until I wake up. I am pretty good at sleeping through anxiety but not sadness (i.e. if I get rejected). 

I'm feeling the exact same. I have work early tomorrow morning but at the same time feel like I want to stay up so I have the night to process whatever the outcome is. But that also means it may just be a sleepless night lol. Last year I was rejected from U of T and waitlisted at Western so there's a wholeee lot of deja vu going on right now lol.  

Wishing everyone good luck & sending everyone positive vibes :) 

4 hours ago, quruxSLP said:

I’m in a dilemma…. Should I stay up until 12 am to check? Or should I wait until I wake up? I’m leaning towards until I wake up. I am pretty good at sleeping through anxiety but not sadness (i.e. if I get rejected). 

2 hours ago, Natalie SLP said:

I'm feeling the exact same. I have work early tomorrow morning but at the same time feel like I want to stay up so I have the night to process whatever the outcome is. But that also means it may just be a sleepless night lol. Last year I was rejected from U of T and waitlisted at Western so there's a wholeee lot of deja vu going on right now lol.  

Wishing everyone good luck & sending everyone positive vibes :) 

I also have to work early tomorrow morning so I much rather cry tonight than cry before work tomorrow. I am trying to have a positive mindset and remind myself that whatever happens this does not define me. Which is so much easier said than done. 

There is so much more to all of us outside of this entire process. Wishing everyone the absolute best :) !!