2023 Canada Admissions SLP thread

1 hour ago, Lucky11 said:

I also have to work early tomorrow morning so I much rather cry tonight than cry before work tomorrow. I am trying to have a positive mindset and remind myself that whatever happens this does not define me. Which is so much easier said than done. 

There is so much more to all of us outside of this entire process. Wishing everyone the absolute best :) !!

This is a really important reminder, thank you 💜 My apartment is spotless from distraction cleaning - the nerves are too much!! Sending everyone the very best vibes and luck! 

Congratulations to you all! Unfortunately, I was rejected by Western and waitlisted by McMaster. And I did not hear back from UofT yet, so I am sadly expecting some sad news. As this is my first time applying to SLP grad schools, I do not feel too dejected. But maybe the sad feeling will kick in later. It will be a long and hard journey to reapply again next year (if I don’t make it off the waitlist) but hopefully my experience this year will make the reapplication journey easier! 

I got rejected to Western and waitlisted to McMaster. Does anyone know if McMaster typically discloses waiting list positions? I've emailed to ask so I'll check back in once they email me back hopefully in the next couple of days. Nothing from UofT so like many I am assuming that means I got rejected.  

Congrats to everyone who got an offer of acceptance :)  Genuinely so happy and proud of all of you ❤️ ! 

Edited by Lucky11

Hey Everyone!

I've been a lurker for 2 years now and honestly have been feeling really low. The last 2 years I have applied to grad school to UBC, UofA, UofT, Western, Mcmaster, and Dalhousie, and as of now I've been rejected from every school thus far aside from Dalhousie, UBC, and UofT. My hopes are really low this year, and I genuinely have done everything I can to gain entry into these schools including finishing in the fourth quartile of the casper, shadowing 4 clinicians, working as a teacher, volunteering as a literacy tutor, being a research assistant, and a few other smaller roles. 

Does anyone have any tips to strengthen my chances of acceptance? Being an SLP has been a dream ever since I was a kid, so having to face repeated defeats has been brutal, but definitely not brutal enough to throw in the towel. 

Any advice would be absolutely amazing :)

Thank you very much!