Interpreting powerprep GRE score range

maichang

I took my first powerprep practice test today and my score range for verbal part was 430-530 and that for quantitative part was 740-800. How should I interpret this range?

What do you mean with "range"? You took the practice test once, right?

yeah I took it once. So does the 430-530 mean my score's going to be anything in between the two numbers or the average of 430 and 530? I guess I didn't understand why instead of giving a number it's giving me this range of 430-530....

yeah I took it once. So does the 430-530 mean my score's going to be anything in between the two numbers or the average of 430 and 530? I guess I didn't understand why instead of giving a number it's giving me this range of 430-530....

Well, that's strange. When I took the official POWERPREP practice test downloaded from the official GRE website there was no range (and it was a month ago). My score had been something like 620 verbal and 720 quantitive and it turned out to be quite close to my real results.

You must have taken Powerprep II .... which does give a range of scores, not an exact score.

If you plan to take the GRE before August 2011, you need to download Powerprep (the OLD version, NOT Powerprep II).

John