2022-2023 Application Thread

Theory007

8 hours ago, PippenRabbit said:

Can't imagine it's only first week of February, and I'm already counting on Princeton/UCB acceptance to withdraw or turndown offer like NYU/Duke to help poor waitlists like me... No pressure tho, congrats y'all and enjoy the happiness news! Absolutely well deserved!!

Wait, you've been waitlisted for NYU and Duke?

5 hours ago, lezz said:

i feel like only ap or ir applicants claimed...still waiting lol

4 hours ago, poliscigradstudent said:

For those that heard from Michigan today, did any of you apply to the Public Policy and Political Science joint PhD?

I apply for both CP and the joint program (they allow applications for more than one program). Not sure which program I am admitted to because the offer letter didn’t specify.

6 hours ago, Norah1994 said:

Hey. You heard back from USC?

I didn't know they sent out decisions. Which subfield are you in?

Yeah the graduate admissions office sent an email last night. I'm in American politics

6 hours ago, PolGrad said:

I applied for University of Michigan but still didn't get any email from them (Comparative Politics, International applicant). Should I assume rejection?

I did. Same subfield- I honestly think anybody would have a better chance than me at this point so maybe you can get it

Just now, Anonymous8_8 said:

I did. Same subfield- I honestly think anybody would have a better chance than me at this point so maybe you can get it

I hope I can get some news from them. You received admission from University of Michigan, right? 

Do you know they send out the results in batches?

2 hours ago, xStardust said:

Does anyone know when Princeton normally sends waitlists? I thought it was historically the same day as acceptances but haven't seen anyone claim WL

Not sure! I wish they would do things more transparently. The person I wanted to work with did tell me that they had next to no room in theory this year due to much higher-than-expected yields last year.

Edited by theory_philosophy
checked previous posts

Anyone applied for Comparative Politics track to University of Michigan PhD program and received email? I wait an email from them and posts shared at Gradcafe were mostly from IR and American Politics. 

Also, anyone received email from CUNY or from University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill?

2 hours ago, PolGrad said:

Anyone applied for Comparative Politics track to University of Michigan PhD program and received email? I wait an email from them and posts shared at Gradcafe were mostly from IR and American Politics. 

Also, anyone received email from CUNY or from University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill?

also CP with a regional focus on the Middle East and North Africa (anyone the same regional focus?) and heard back nothing.

Just now, kthslfmzgl said:

also CP with a regional focus on the Middle East and North Africa (anyone the same regional focus?) and heard back nothing.

My regional focus is different but one of my friends who applied for Michigan also focuses on the MENA region and he also heard nothing from them.

Did you apply from the US or from abroad? I applied from abroad; Master Student.

9 minutes ago, lalalalalala123 said:

I can tell you the Umich wont send out results for several rounds. 

So, should I begin to assume rejection? I couldn't see any applicant from Comparative politics track and who could receive email from University of Michigan.

6 minutes ago, PolGrad said:

So, should I begin to assume rejection? I couldn't see any applicant from Comparative politics track and who could receive email from University of Michigan.

international student but did high school, uni, and masters all in the U.S.

35 minutes ago, PolGrad said:

So, I double checked with the department, and I claimed an offer to the CP track at the UMich. I'm not sure whether the joint program has released results or not, though.

5 minutes ago, Anonymous8_8 said:

anyone experienced an all rejs cycle can suggest some mental health tip and career development? mainly applied for top 20 and got rejected by brown and all the other schools that have decisions so far- definitely walking away from academia after this round. 

I mean I got rejected by all schools like two years ago? Then I applied for more than 100 jobs and got into a consulting firm. But I've decided to go back to school after that since I felt like academia suited me better. You can always walk away from this shit and have the confidence that you can still come back after several years. Just give yourself a break!

13 minutes ago, randomsinging said:

I mean I got rejected by all schools like two years ago? Then I applied for more than 100 jobs and got into a consulting firm. But I've decided to go back to school after that since I felt like academia suited me better. You can always walk away from this shit and have the confidence that you can still come back after several years. Just give yourself a break!

Thank you!!! That’s the words I need right now- hope your journey back is going well