Stanford GSE 2023

mintchocol8e

Hi! I noticed that there isn't any thread for Stanford GSE Fall 2023 applications yet, so I just decided to start one now. It's never too early, right? Haha

I'm applying for a PhD and submitted my applications in September. I just got all of my materials finally turned in today for all of my schools. My applications are finally complete! I'm still waiting for my status on the portal to be updated though.

How about you guys? Anyone else applying to Stanford GSE this year? What stage of the application process are you in currently? I was reading through threads from previous years and this seems like a great community, so I thought it would be nice to get through this together! ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2022 at 4:25 AM, mintchocol8e said:

Hi! I noticed that there isn't any thread for Stanford GSE Fall 2023 applications yet, so I just decided to start one now. It's never too early, right? Haha

I'm applying for a PhD and submitted my applications in September. I just got all of my materials finally turned in today for all of my schools. My applications are finally complete! I'm still waiting for my status on the portal to be updated though.

How about you guys? Anyone else applying to Stanford GSE this year? What stage of the application process are you in currently? I was reading through threads from previous years and this seems like a great community, so I thought it would be nice to get through this together! ?

Hi @mintchocol8e! Thanks for starting this! I love having some community as we all get through this.

I'm applying to Stanford GSE, though for a master's degree, specifically the POLS program. I'm still working on my SOP for the different programs I am applying to. All of my LOR writers are locked up though, which is a relief. I'm hoping to get my materials submitted to the different programs by Christmas to give myself a little buffer just in case.

Crossing my fingers for you, me, and all of us applying this year!

• 1 month later...

Hi, @Here2Teach! Good luck to you too on the applications and getting everything submitted. I hope you have some time to enjoy the holidays as well!

Hello, @eduforall! As far I know, Stanford doesn't have formal interviews but some professors might reach out directly to conduct informal ones. I guess that could be at any point. I do know that most university campuses are closed already or will be closing this week, so hopefully if they do contact us, I'm guessing it might be in January or later. January seems to be a very exciting month! I just hope there will be good news for us. ?

On 12/20/2022 at 2:35 AM, mintchocol8e said:

Hi, @Here2Teach! Good luck to you too on the applications and getting everything submitted. I hope you have some time to enjoy the holidays as well!

Hello, @eduforall! As far I know, Stanford doesn't have formal interviews but some professors might reach out directly to conduct informal ones. I guess that could be at any point. I do know that most university campuses are closed already or will be closing this week, so hopefully if they do contact us, I'm guessing it might be in January or later. January seems to be a very exciting month! I just hope there will be good news for us. ?

Thank you! I wish you all happy holidays and hopefully some good news for all in January!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2022 at 2:35 AM, mintchocol8e said:

Thank you so much. My fingers are crossed and prayers said for all of us applying!

20 hours ago, cumberland said:

Has anyone received interviews yet? Haven't heard anything yet for the PhD program. 

Hello! No, I haven't received any. But here is what I've found by searching through the GradCafe results for the dates when people posted that they received an interview for a PhD in education at Stanford and also checking any notes they might have written. I understand that some people might have posted on a later date than when they were actually notified. I ignored results where it said that they had the interview on a certain date and instead tried to search for results where it said that they were contacted for an interview or there were no comments posted. I wish it was a bit clearer, but I tried my best! Here is what I have.

For Fall 2022, it seems as though one person got notified for an interview as early as Sunday, January 9! Another person posted on Tuesday, January 18.

For Fall 2021, one person posted on Monday, January 18, and two people posted on Tuesday, January 19.

For Fall 2020, one person posted on Thursday, January 23.

For Fall 2019, one person posted on Tuesday, January 22, and one person posted on Wednesday, January 30.

Then I couldn't find any results tagged under "Interview" for Fall 2014 through Fall 2018.

But for Fall 2013, I saw one result posted on Monday, January 21. For Fall 2012, I also saw only one result posted and that was for Monday, January 23.

That's all I could find for Stanford, since not many people posted about their interviews. Based on this though, maybe people will start hearing back even as early as this weekend! But I think it's more likely that interviews will probably start going out on the Monday or Tuesday of the fourth week of January, meaning possibly Monday, January 23, or Tuesday, January 24, of this year. That's just my opinion, but I could be totally wrong!

Just now, weallgotthis said:

Hello Delirious,

I applied for RILE, too! It's my first time seeing someone else who applied for RILE, I think! Did you contact any of your POI's before applying?

Hey! Yes - I've been in touch with my POI for about a year. I study something pretty niche, so it was difficult to find faculty with expertise to mentor & I had to start looking around kind of early. Feel free to message me and I can share a little more specifically :)

On 1/6/2023 at 12:21 AM, mintchocol8e said:

For Fall 2022, it seems as though one person got notified for an interview as early as Sunday, January 9! Another person posted on Tuesday, January 18.

For Fall 2021, one person posted on Monday, January 18, and two people posted on Tuesday, January 19.

For Fall 2019, one person posted on Tuesday, January 22, and one person posted on Wednesday, January 30.

Then I couldn't find any results tagged under "Interview" for Fall 2014 through Fall 2018.

But for Fall 2013, I saw one result posted on Monday, January 21. For Fall 2012, I also saw only one result posted and that was for Monday, January 23.

That's all I could find for Stanford, since not many people posted about their interviews. Based on this though, maybe people will start hearing back even as early as this weekend! But I think it's more likely that interviews will probably start going out on the Monday or Tuesday of the fourth week of January, meaning possibly Monday, January 23, or Tuesday, January 24, of this year. That's just my opinion, but I could be totally wrong!

Hey, everyone. I think I've finally figured it out and I think I may have been off by one week... Sorry if I'm annoying anyone with my posts. ? I don't mean to make anyone anxious! I just like looking for patterns in things and am also waiting in anticipation.

Earlier, I thought that people started posting about Stanford PhD interviews generally on the Monday or Tuesday of the fourth week of January (making it likely that we might start hearing back on January 23 or 24 of this year). However, I now think that it might actually have more to do with Martin Luther King Jr. Day, which falls on the third Monday of January every year.

Based on these GradCafe results, if you look at a calendar, you'll notice the following:

• In 2022, MLK Day fell on January 17 and the earliest GradCafe result that I could find was posted the next day. (I ignored the January 9 posting because I think it might have been fake, an error, or something more informal, since it doesn't match up with any of the other years.)
  • In 2021, MLK Day fell on January 18 and the earliest result that I could find was posted on that day.
  • In 2020, MLK Day fell on January 20 and the earliest result that I could find was posted three days later.
  • In 2019, MLK Day fell on January 21 and the earliest result that I could find was posted the next day.
  • As I mentioned before, I couldn't find any results tagged under "Interview" for Fall 2014 through Fall 2018.
  • In 2013, MLK Day fell on January 21 and the earliest result that I could find was posted on that day.
  • Only 2012 was different. MLK Day fell on January 16 that year (just like this year), but the earliest result that I could find was from the next Monday.

If you notice, this year is actually different from all of the years mentioned above because unlike those years (with the exception of 2012 of course), MLK Day 2023 actually falls on the third week of the month instead of the fourth week. Based on this, I think we might actually hear back early next week on Monday, January 16, or Tuesday, January 17.

On 1/5/2023 at 7:21 AM, mintchocol8e said:

Hello! No, I haven't received any. But here is what I've found by searching through the GradCafe results for the dates when people posted that they received an interview for a PhD in education at Stanford and also checking any notes they might have written. I understand that some people might have posted on a later date than when they were actually notified. I ignored results where it said that they had the interview on a certain date and instead tried to search for results where it said that they were contacted for an interview or there were no comments posted. I wish it was a bit clearer, but I tried my best! Here is what I have.

Hey there! I’m a current student who randomly decided to check in. I looked back at my emails and my informal interview request was sent Dec 17 and I got notified of acceptance Feb 11th! I think a lot of into is not actually posted here so keep positive!

2 hours ago, mathemagic1 said:

Hey there! I’m a current student who randomly decided to check in. I looked back at my emails and my informal interview request was sent Dec 17 and I got notified of acceptance Feb 11th! I think a lot of into is not actually posted here so keep positive!

Wow, that's earlier than I expected. Thank you for letting us know and congrats!

17 hours ago, jumbledbumblebee said:

Hi everyone! MS in LDT applicant here, waiting to hear. Likely hearing in March based on what I've learned about last couple of year's cycles. 

Hi. PhD LSTD here, waiting to hear as well. At this stage, not getting notified for an interview is kinda worrying. All the best!