NDSEG 2022-2023

fellowshipstress

4 minutes ago, mangamind said:

Yes, I did. They said that I'm still in the running and they would contact me if anyone says no to the fellowship, but if I don't hear from them by the end of May, I should assume that everyone said yes.

Same situation for me. Im not too hopeful about it though. I have no idea how many people they put on the waitlist....

3 minutes ago, thorosoni said:

So if waitlist/HM and acceptances both went out already, probably safe to assume no email yet is a rejection? Not sure if they did multiple acceptance batches in the past or not.

I saw one person say last year they got an email around 10 PM CST...not sure if its the case. Would be pretty surprised if its still like that this year

Edited by indy101

For those of you with notifications of award, be willing to share which branch you applied to and maybe your discipline area. Perhaps after enjoying your accomplishment! 

I feel a little more relief as the anxiety was building, so I guess Ill get back to work 🤓

2 minutes ago, sweetnsalty said:

For those of you with notifications of award, be willing to share which branch you applied to and maybe your discipline area. Perhaps after enjoying your accomplishment! 

I feel a little more relief as the anxiety was building, so I guess Ill get back to work 🤓

Would appreciate this too! I am expecting nothing but a rejection now with a glimmer of hope 

Looks like I didn't get it either. I'm gutted because I got the 2nd round update this year (when I didn't even get that last year) so I got my hopes up.

Anyways, time to get back to doing cool work and contributing to science, which is the whole point of this fellowship in the first place. Let's make it happen folks

1 hour ago, sweetnsalty said:

I applied to AFOSR and my discipline is computational materials science for polymers

2 hours ago, sweetnsalty said:

I applied with ONR under Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering.

6 minutes ago, coughcoughcoffee said:

@indy101 ok... hope the submit button suddenly shows up... but then it seems like the ones who still have the 2nd round on their status have higher chance lol  If they're doing this in multiple waves... good luck for everyone!

Sorry I meant I did have the second round review this year but now it's gone. So yeah like everyone else said, it's likely a rejection. I don't think anyone still has their 2nd round status now, and please correct me if that's not the case.

1 hour ago, AmogusSyndrome said:

Sorry I meant I did have the second round review this year but now it's gone. So yeah like everyone else said, it's likely a rejection. I don't think anyone still has their 2nd round status now, and please correct me if that's not the case.

it is not the case now for me but only an hour ago I could see it. It disappeared in the span of the time I commuted home. (Saw it 8:15 pm CST) Disappeared probably around 8:30 pm CST. I think they are still going through the apps.