I/O Applicants 2011

CSJ

It's on the main page and there's a blue link called "Your application decision is now available online" and THANK YOU!

Congratulations!!!!!! where on the website does it say you got in? When you sign in? Did you also get an email?

Edited by ynos23

thanks for all of the responses! i haven't heard back from either and seem to be spending most of my days clicking refresh on my email.

does anyone have thoughts on colorado state as a program? are they well regarded in the field? all of the siop rankings seem to be more than a decade old.

while on the topic of rankings... what is the general opinion on rankings? I mean, most ranking systems rank schools on research productivity, but I think other things like job placements are equally important. Also, a program with new and motivated researchers might also be a plus.

while on the topic of rankings... what is the general opinion on rankings? I mean, most ranking systems rank schools on research productivity, but I think other things like job placements are equally important. Also, a program with new and motivated researchers might also be a plus.

I think it really depends on what you want to do. If you want to go the academic route the traditional schools (Big ten's + BGSU & USF) are your best bet. They have the big names (SIOP Fellows) along with a tradition. If you want to go applied it matters much less. Making contacts and improving your skillset becomes much more important than the name on your diploma. Now you could argue that people from those schools will have better connections, but it is not that difficult to reach out and get the same connections. You meet them at conferences, through your professors, etc. Chances are even at the second tier schools some if not most of the faculty came from the top schools. All of the faculty at our school are from one of the "Top programs" so, you just have to go through another layer to meet the contacts.

However, it appears as far as landing prestigious tenure track positions right out, the name on your diploma speaks a lot more strongly.