I/O Applicants 2011

CSJ

Hey ynos,

quick question. if you don't mind telling, when did you turn in your scholarship application for TC? and congratulations!!!

thanks!

Thank you Mocha!

I think I submitted my scholarship app the day after I submitted my general application. If you'd like I can

Look into my email and find an exact date for you. If so, please PM me.

oh maaaaaan *tears*

what about George Washington? anybody heard anything?

I had a phone interview with my POI about a month ago, but haven't heard anything since. I'm guessing it's a no, but I've decided to go elsewhere. It looks like they take about 2 people per year, so I didn't have the highest of hopes.

Does anyone know anything about the MA I/O program at NYU?? The good the bad and the ugly. Feel free to PM me if you aren't comfortable posting on the forum.

Same here, anybody know anything about the program? All I know about it is that they don't like to give funding :P

What does it mean if you have not heard anything from a school by now?

I only applied to 2 programs and found out I was accepted to one of them. I'm assuming that since I have not heard from the other, that it is not good news, but am surprised I haven't received a rejection letter or something of the like.

I just got my acceptance letter from George Mason about a week ago. This is one of my dream schools in an awesome city, but they offer zero funding. The admissions coordinator did say that nearly everyone who wants it can get an internship, but I doubt that would pay that well or cover tuition. Do you think it's worth going significantly far into student loan debt just to go to a good school?

anyone applied to SUNY Albany or Louisiana Tech University?

I accepted my offer from Louisiana Tech for their doctoral progam earlier this week-- they sent out 5 offers total and I know atleast 3 are accounted for. Good luck!

Edited by turtler

Hi turtler,

I got accepted into LA Tech last week and I'm thinking about accepting the offer (will probably do by this wednesday or so)....i'm just waiting on Suny Albany.

Congrats! depending on what i hear from albany i might see you next fall :-)

I accepted my offer from Louisiana Tech for their doctoral progam earlier this week-- they sent out 5 offers total and I know atleast 3 are accounted for. Good luck!

do you guys think it would be more beneficial if over the summer, i tried to learn some basics of spss or sas from books (like andy field's discovering stats using spss) or if i took a class in stats to brush up before this fall? i have some background in these but i'm not exceptionally strong in either. boo. any input would be appreciated! thanks!

Im going over stats alot this summer. I already know SPSS pretty well I can run run most tests already. On of my prof. has their statistic notes online for student to review also.

Is that link accessible by non university users? If so, could you please send me the link? I have decent experience running tests on spss through my current job but it would to gain a better grasp of the material through lecture notes.

This was kinda strange. I was in a meeting at 6:30 and got a call from an unknown number. My voicemail box is full (I HATE checking voice mails. It's a pain.), but I call the number back 5 minutes later. It's App State's admission office? The office is closed since it's after 5:00 pm...?

I got rejected from App State a couple of weeks ago, and didn't believe I was on a waiting list or anything like that. Now I gotta wait 'till tomorrow morning to find out what that call was about. At least I'm in one of my top picks for school, so I'm not really all that concerned, but if, on the off chance, a spot had opened up... That would be killer :)