Georgetown SFS 2023

Just now, hopefulbutnotreally said:

Ahhh! I am SO glad someone started this! I've been checking last year's forum to see if something shows up..

hello!! my first responder hahaha

yeah I'm so confused as to why this year's forum seems so dead! Even the 2023 results page was created super late + not a lot of people replied... although I didn't apply for MPP or MPA haha. Which programs did you apply for at Georgetown? (or others in general!). I applied for Security Studies at GT and GW.

haha! I think for 2021 or 2022 the decisions came out on Feb 27..so I am kinda hoping, they release the decisions soon this year.

I applied to the GHD program at GT. I've applied to some MPP programs (UMich, Heinz), but the GHD program is more in alignment with my goals & my background - so really really hoping the decisions come out soon!

ya I saw that too! But based on past precedence (and gradcafe stalking lol), it seems that different programs release at different times! SSP usually releases around mid-March. Also - we can't possibly be the only people applying to SFS on this thread right haha where's everyone

Edited by mindlesslydreaming

5 hours ago, mindlesslydreaming said:

ya I saw that too! But based on past precedence (and gradcafe stalking lol), it seems that different programs release at different times! SSP usually releases around mid-March. Also - we can't possibly be the only people applying to SFS on this thread right haha where's everyone

I heard back..and got rejected!! :( sucks because this was my dream program.

and Ikr, why is this whole forum so QUIET?

Hey! I applied to security studies at GW, AU, and Georgetown. Got accepted to GW and AU so far but am still waiting to hear back from SSP. GW called yesterday and said acceptance letters and funding go out on Friday for me too. Good luck!

5 hours ago, GT5663 said:

Hey! I applied to security studies at GW, AU, and Georgetown. Got accepted to GW and AU so far but am still waiting to hear back from SSP. GW called yesterday and said acceptance letters and funding go out on Friday for me too. Good luck!

hey! just received an email from GW for security too and waiting for funding :) good luck to you too!! 

17 hours ago, mindlesslydreaming said:

hey! just received an email from GW for security too and waiting for funding :) good luck to you too!! 

Just got the acceptance letter from GW security studies. However, there's no mention of funding or anything like that. Did you receive something similar with nothing about funding?

5 hours ago, Dill72 said:

Hi all, I got into GW for security and heard about funding via email an hour or so later. Good luck!

6 hours ago, Jiali said:

Same, no mention of funding, yet..

same! just heard about funding from GW :) and from security too! good luck guys and hopefully see yall this fall (if GT doesn't work out hahaha)