Georgetown SFS 2023

47 minutes ago, Jiali said:

Just got waitlisted at Georgetown, SFS. Don't know how to feel about this.

Sorry to hear that. Was it for SSP? How did you receive your admissions decision? I still haven't heard anything. 

1 hour ago, neocturnal said:

I got accepted this morning to MSFS! But I can’t tell if they were supposed to send anything about finances in the offer letter or if them not adding anything about financial aid was an indication that I didn’t get any offers.

Same for me - I'm planning to reach out on Monday to ask.

On 3/11/2023 at 1:10 AM, mindlesslydreaming said:

don't worry I haven't heard anything from SSP either! and I'm international so I've been staying up late... just for no email to arrive hahaha

Check your portal. I got accepted! A decision was randomly posted to my portal with no email notification. It doesn't say anything about funding either. 

1 minute ago, GT5663 said:

Weird, I never received an email. I just happened to see it. Did the email or letter mention anything about funding?

It did not, which means I probably didn't get any funding. Not surprising considering I'm coming straight from undergrad.

1 hour ago, Dill72 said:

It did not, which means I probably didn't get any funding. Not surprising considering I'm coming straight from undergrad.

Yup, I didn't get any funding either. Tbh Im kinda surprised lol. Maybe they come out later though, who knows

3 hours ago, GT5663 said:

Check your portal. I got accepted! A decision was randomly posted to my portal with no email notification. It doesn't say anything about funding either. 

thanks for the heads up! I got accepted too! but no mention of funding either... wondering if I should email them about it or maybe I just got no funding at all lol. Did we all get no mention of funding whatsoever? 

Edited by mindlesslydreaming

6 minutes ago, mindlesslydreaming said:

thanks for the heads up! I got accepted too! but no mention of funding either... wondering if I should email them about it or maybe I just got no funding at all lol. Did we all get no mention of funding whatsoever? 

That's what it seems like. I haven't received any email or word from the program itself either, just the acceptance letter posted in the portal.

Just now, GT5663 said:

That's what it seems like. I haven't received any email or word from the program itself either, just the acceptance letter posted in the portal.

just checked the Gradcafe's results page and someone said they got into SSP with some funding, so maybe we just didn't get anything :( in which case I'll likely end up at GW haha 

5 minutes ago, mindlesslydreaming said:

just checked the Gradcafe's results page and someone said they got into SSP with some funding, so maybe we just didn't get anything :( in which case I'll likely end up at GW haha 

I probably will too if that's the case. It would be hard to justify going to GT SSP with no scholarship versus a decent scholarship at GW. I might email SSP admissions and ask about funding though just to make sure

I was accepted on Saturday morning (MSFS). I live in Asia, so that's Friday afternoon in the US. I received a scholarship worth 65% of tuition. Scholarship info was kind of hard to find, though. The email said to check my portal to see my admissions decision. At the bottom of the acceptance letter it said the following:

The following letters are available for this account:

• Decision letter March 10, 2023 (Displayed)
  • Merit-based financial aid letter March 10, 2023 

I clicked the financial aid letter and that's where my scholarship info was reported. Hope this is helpful!

On 3/9/2023 at 7:00 AM, gradpotato said:

has anyone heard from MASIA? based on previous years i figured they'd release results this Monday but haven't heard anything 🥲

I heard from the program director on March 7th telling me I was in at MASIA, but the official letter (along with any financial aid) hasn't been sent yet.  I also am in at MSFS, but with no funding.  Compared to $24K/year at SAIS and being in at the University of Tokyo (which is like $4k/year without aid), MSFS is looking like it's off the table.  Still waiting for aid from SIPA.

13 hours ago, GT5663 said:

I probably will too if that's the case. It would be hard to justify going to GT SSP with no scholarship versus a decent scholarship at GW. I might email SSP admissions and ask about funding though just to make sure

do let me know if they reply! thanks haha if not see ya at GW LOL