KSG results?

longwait

According to autoadmit, if you were accepted, you will be CALLED by current students in the next week.

Date: March 12th, 2008 10:43 AM

Author: silentbobma

hey -- current MPP/JD student here, first-time poster. got an email about an HKS "new admit phone-a-thon" on 3/18, 3/19 and 3/20 (the last day for international students), so i assume that means they'll notify by then. please let me know if you have any questions about the school -- i was also a harvard ugrad, so i have a pretty good perspective on the university and the k-school. (hint: i love both.) good luck everyone!

http://www.autoadmit.com/thread.php?thr ... forum_id=1

According to autoadmit, if you were accepted, you will be CALLED by current students in the next week.

Date: March 12th, 2008 10:43 AM

Author: silentbobma

hey -- current MPP/JD student here, first-time poster. got an email about an HKS "new admit phone-a-thon" on 3/18, 3/19 and 3/20 (the last day for international students), so i assume that means they'll notify by then. please let me know if you have any questions about the school -- i was also a harvard ugrad, so i have a pretty good perspective on the university and the k-school. (hint: i love both.) good luck everyone!

http://www.autoadmit.com/thread.php?thr ... forum_id=1

I interpreted that post (as did people posting on autoadmit) to mean that they will be calling admitted students after they've already been notified by some means - much like current law students will often call admitted students to sell the school. That's why people are speculating that the decisions will come out Friday: last year ppl were notified on a friday and it's the only friday before students will start calling (i.e., next monday)

Does anyone know if there was any rhyme or reason to the acceptances sent out today, or were they entirely random? Also, does anyone know if there will be any more notices from KSG until Monday? (consensus on auto admit seems to be that another round is coming on Monday).

According to autoadmit more notifications are coming on Monday. Who knows if they are actually acceptances or just a batch of waitlists/rejections. Since no rejections/waitlists have gone out yet of course they are not going to say that no more acceptances are coming. I'm skeptical, hope I'm wrong!

• 11 months later...

I interpreted that post (as did people posting on autoadmit) to mean that they will be calling admitted students after they've already been notified by some means - much like current law students will often call admitted students to sell the school. That's why people are speculating that the decisions will come out Friday: last year ppl were notified on a friday and it's the only friday before students will start calling (i.e., next monday)

To all those out there waiting on KSG, thought I'd put things in perspective here.. Last year round about this time ppl on this thread were also pulling their hair out in agony waiting for results to be out. I say let's take things in our stride and hold out for another few days! For some of us the wait might even be longer as we might be waitlisted. Life must go on! :mrgreen:

Yea. Whoever is posting stuff from 2008, please don't! The wait is agony/confusing enough :).

Also, the phone-a-thon: my understanding from friends who applied in the past is that they were told first via email that they were in or out and then called a few days later by a current student. So, the phone call won't be the first you hear from them.

Du calme, folks.