PhD/DrPH (Public Health) Fall 2024 - The Grad Cafe Forums

PHD-DRPH

23 minutes ago, Taytou said:

received a positive answer for the DrPH in Global health (Hopkins) - 1 hour ago. 

Congratulations!! Curious, did they offer any funding?

4 minutes ago, TAB said:

Congratulations!! Curious, did they offer any funding?

DrPH only offers funding through the Fellowship program. They will begin reviewing Fellowship applications after acceptances are sent out (only accepted candidates are reviewed). No other funding is provided for DrPH candidates. Everyone should know by end of March if they get a fellowship slot.

Edited by _kita
additional info.

Congratulations to all those who have received JHU DrPH acceptances this morning! So exciting!

Do we think it's safe to assume that if we didn't hear back at 7:38am CT, we will eventually receive a rejection for the JHU DrPH Environmental > Health Security track? Asking because one applicant was accepted at that time for Environmental and one applicant was waitlisted at that time for Health Security. Makes me think the good news for that track went out in a batch this morning and the bad news will go out in a batch tomorrow... 

1 minute ago, Ikigai1896 said:

Despite the shitshow this cycle felt like- I still have this unexplainable hope in my heart regarding our life/career trajectories - and how the best possible outcome will be revealed to us time (possibly retrospectively and on the time scale of years)

Absolutely agreed. Public health, specifically, is a field where age and experience will only help you as you go. As you see more of the world, see system gaps and where/why they exist, you can better see where you might be able to change it for the better. I pivoted drastically in my mid-20's, and again in my early 30's. If I get in, fantastic; if I don't, there are other pathways, and this one might just be put on pause. 

I've done everything I could; it will be what it will be.

53 minutes ago, DelaineTheBrain said:

Not yet :( My husband sent me to a spa for the day where they are locking up my phone because I'm losing it...  Hopefully, we'll all know something by my return tonight 🫠

1 hour ago, aDrPH said:

Has anyone received a decision update from the Hopkins DrPH Health Equity and Social Justice concentration yet? 

NOT YET! (My caps lock was on accidentally, but I kept it because it felt right.)

Good luck, comrades! Spa it up. I did that Friday.

1 hour ago, _kita said:

DrPH only offers funding through the Fellowship program. They will begin reviewing Fellowship applications after acceptances are sent out (only accepted candidates are reviewed). No other funding is provided for DrPH candidates. Everyone should know by end of March if they get a fellowship slot.

I received the decision on the Bloomberg Fellowship on March 15 last year (didn't get it!). I decided to defer my acceptance to the program a year and apply for the fellowship one more time - incredibly slim chances, but worth a shot.

I also applied to Nebraska this year, so in the event funding does not work out for JHU again I am hoping to be accepted to UNMC since it is a more affordable program. And in that event, I will withdraw admission to JHU and hope that someone on the waitlist can take that place instead!

7 minutes ago, sandia_sunflower said:

I received the decision on the Bloomberg Fellowship on March 15 last year (didn't get it!). I decided to defer my acceptance to the program a year and apply for the fellowship one more time - incredibly slim chances, but worth a shot.

I also applied to Nebraska this year, so in the event funding does not work out for JHU again I am hoping to be accepted to UNMC since it is a more affordable program. And in that event, I will withdraw admission to JHU and hope that someone on the waitlist can take that place instead!

Oh, that's great to know! Thank you. I was going off of the website deadline. Nice to know they will likely make the decisions a tad faster. Good luck to you. 

1 hour ago, sandia_sunflower said:

I also applied to Nebraska this year! April 15th feels like such a long time to wait after this past week - best of luck!!

11 minutes ago, Ologyswan said:

I also applied to Nebraska this year! April 15th feels like such a long time to wait after this past week - best of luck!!

I'm hoping that they are just giving the latest possible date, just in case - but that decisions will come a bit earlier. fingers crossed 🤞 Good luck to you as well :)

23 minutes ago, Veera_DrPH said:

Just got notified that I got into the JHU DrPH Health Policy and Management program.  I applied for the Healthcare Management & Leadership Track.  Holding my breath on the fellowship application status.  Good luck everyone!

Congrats! I'll assume I'm a pass this year then since that was my track, and my application is still "under review"! 🙂 Good luck on the fellowship!

4 hours ago, aDrPH said:

Has anyone received a decision update from the Hopkins DrPH Health Equity and Social Justice concentration yet? 

Hi I received an acceptance to this track about 40 mins ago. Best of luck to you for also receiving an acceptance. I saw some folks asking about interviews - I never interviewed. 

1 minute ago, lion123 said:

Hi I received an acceptance to this track about 40 mins ago. Best of luck to you for also receiving an acceptance. I saw some folks asking about interviews - I never interviewed. 

Congrats! Still under review 🥹 my nerves are shot with every email notification, lol

1 minute ago, texaspublichealthgirl said:

Congrats! Still under review 🥹 my nerves are shot with every email notification, lol

3 minutes ago, lion123 said:

Oh man. Now I'm super anxious. Mine says "still under review," too. 

3 minutes ago, PublicHealthSLP said:

Same again 🥺

4 minutes ago, Maydayx said:

Same!

Well, solidarity to ya'll. Keep the faith that whatever happens, it's the right thing. 

22 minutes ago, Mamitis said:

Oh man. Now I'm super anxious. Mine says "still under review," too. 

15 minutes ago, Maydayx said:

Same!

13 minutes ago, PublicHealthSLP said:

Same again 🥺

10 minutes ago, Mamitis said:

Well, solidarity to ya'll. Keep the faith that whatever happens, it's the right thing. 

1 minute ago, aDrPH said:

Same!

I am with all of you. I just hope we hear something today. It seems like they’re going track by track but also may not be releasing decisions for everyone? I don’t see a pattern in their releases. 

1 minute ago, EpiCurvesandCrochet said:

I am with all of you. I just hope we hear something today. It seems like they’re going track by track but also may not be releasing decisions for everyone? I don’t see a pattern in their releases. 

I’m not seeing one either.