PhD/DrPH (Public Health) Fall 2024 - The Grad Cafe Forums

PHD-DRPH

On 2/17/2024 at 1:12 PM, JanayAlexis said:

I’m still waiting to hear back from UAB as well. 

is this for a DrPH? did you apply to the public health leadership  at Georgia Southern?

I thought Mercer doesn't open up till March 1st?

Edited by dinklebergPH
additional info

30 minutes ago, dinklebergPH said:

is this for a DrPH? did you apply to the public health leadership  at Georgia Southern?

I thought Mercer doesn't open up till March 1st?

No, the PhD epidemiology track. I didn’t apply to Southern or Mercer, sorry. 

Received my rejection from Harvard DrPH. Email notification to check the portal. I feel sad, but I know it is super competitive. That program was the one I was most energized by. I thought the fit was fantastic. Alas. On the other hand, I wish the very very best to those of you who were accepted. I hope you have an outstanding experience!

On to the next.

On 2/9/2024 at 10:42 AM, Mamitis said:

First notification from a program: Rejected from BU DrPH 

I thought that would be the case because I was not interviewed. It was also the program I was least interested in, so that's not such a bad thing. :)

Good luck to everyone! And congratulations to those of you who are accepted!

same here ☹️

2 minutes ago, Mamitis said:

Received my rejection from Harvard DrPH. Email notification to check the portal. I feel sad, but I know it is super competitive. That program was the one I was most energized by. I thought the fit was fantastic. Alas. On the other hand, I wish the very very best to those of you who were accepted. I hope you have an outstanding experience!

On to the next.

Just now, MiggyMigs said:

same here ☹️

I also received a rejection for the Harvard DrPH! Same boat sigh

I’ve seen a lot of rejection posts for PhD/DrPH programs today, and I just wanted to hop on and share that you all absolutely have and will continue to contribute to the field of public health! I’m sure this news is a disappointment for many of you, but I hope you all keep striving for what you want out of this life!