PhD/DrPH (Public Health) Fall 2024 - The Grad Cafe Forums

PHD-DRPH

9 hours ago, AltFax said:

Congratulations!!! I'm expecting to be rejected there too so now I have maybe a little hope! My counselor told me I'd hear by 4/12. 

Crossing my fingers for you!! 

Anyone hear from UIC lately? I'm still in the queue according to the site 🤞🏻

On 4/9/2024 at 10:34 AM, WTFO said:

Anyone hear from UIC lately? I'm still in the queue according to the site 🤞🏻

I applied the first week of January. My application has been listed as "Complete, Under Review with the Department" since sometime thereafter.

They must have a very interesting approach to selecting people. The deadline was 2/1. I caught that others on this forum had acceptances as early as 2/6 and they'd applied after me. 

At this point, I wonder if I'm either very, very high on the waitlist, or if someone just forgot to hit the reject button on me...

7 minutes ago, Scribble2834 said:

I applied the first week of January. My application has been listed as "Complete, Under Review with the Department" since sometime thereafter.

They must have a very interesting approach to selecting people. The deadline was 2/1. I caught that others on this forum had acceptances as early as 2/6 and they'd applied after me. 

At this point, I wonder if I'm either very, very high on the waitlist, or if someone just forgot to hit the reject button on me...

UIC latest... Placed office call yesterday. Advised that all remaining applicants will have an answer by April 15th.

Hello. Pls did anyone applied to Morgan State University Maryland DrPH program for Fall 2024. If yes, any admission offered ?

i would appreciate your responses. 

Thanks 

Got off the waitlist from JHU!

Received an email from the program director around 3p yesterday asking if I was still interested/available since another professor (not the one I originally interviewed with) had a spot open. Did a quick re-interview (15 mins) with that professor to assess fit. Got a confirmation around 5:30p that I would receive an official offer letter by Wednesday! 

21 minutes ago, dopamine16 said:

Got off the waitlist from JHU!

Received an email from the program director around 3p yesterday asking if I was still interested/available since another professor (not the one I originally interviewed with) had a spot open. Did a quick re-interview (15 mins) with that professor to assess fit. Got a confirmation around 5:30p that I would receive an official offer letter by Wednesday! 

Yay!!!! Congratulations!! 

8 hours ago, PublicHealthSLP said:

Hey! I was putting a general question out there for folks that might be on any waitlist to get a feel for how people were doing. 

Oh ok ! I get you 

59 minutes ago, Squashplayer000 said:

I have been waiting to get off the waitlist for JHU DrPH. However, I guess it's done and dusted now.

I’m sorry to hear that :( it’s definitely an achievement to be on the waitlist, even though it wasn’t the outcome you wanted. I’m still on a waitlist and uncertain about when I’ll hear back/losing hope as days go by. 

22 hours ago, PublicHealthSLP said:

I’m sorry to hear that :( it’s definitely an achievement to be on the waitlist, even though it wasn’t the outcome you wanted. I’m still on a waitlist and uncertain about when I’ll hear back/losing hope as days go by. 

Yes. The last 45 days have been really weird. Been waiting for that email. I hope you get through your waitlist and get accepted. It is an achievement indeed.

10 minutes ago, Squashplayer000 said:

Yes. The last 45 days have been really weird. Been waiting for that email. I hope you get through your waitlist and get accepted. It is an achievement indeed.

Thank you for the kind words! I wish you the best moving forward in your public health journey! 

A question for the remaining folks in the thread: has anyone heard from BU after being placed on their waitlist? 

6 hours ago, onelastshot said:

Like I can't believe it, and am in complete shock....but I got off the waitlist and have been accepted into the DrPH at JHU!!! My head is spinning!

Yay!!! I am sooo happy to hear this. Congratulations!