Picked up any new hobbies while waiting?

MoJingly

What a coincidence, Mrs. B. I'm training for a 10K. It's on Mother's Day. Actually, every year around this time, I start training for it. I haven't run in it since 3rd grade. :huh:

I hope that this year will prove more of a success because I don't have lots of finals and whatnot the week before. Plus, I'm going to pay the entry fee as soon as registration starts. That should count for something...

Other hobbies:

-tutoring my husband for his Russian 101 class

-learning more Russian myself

-learning real analysis from Walter Rudin's Principles of Mathematical Analysis (to be set for classes in the fall)

-interior decorating (I figure I can make whatever move easier by setting up a Zen living space now)

-creating new recipes with the contents of my freezer and/or leftovers in the fridge

-stress napping (The cousin of the angry nap, a stress nap can help clear your mind of all the anxieties around application time. I slept for 12 hours yesterday...)

-adding to my "data set" (I have a few pet data with seemingly unimportant trends in social indicators that I have been gathering since 2004...maybe they'll mean something one day.)

-writing down blog entry ideas, but not following through (I have so many yellow post-its on my desk!)

-reading spam e-mails

Of course, what I really do is check Grad Cafe a few times an hour, from various media. And, I must confess, that my data set is more related to clothes prices, advertising, sales, and inflation, than it is related to anything anyone would care about. I may very well turn into the John Nash of retail if I keep that up. (The crazy version from the movie, not the Nobel-prize winning one from your text books.)

This thread made me laugh, because I didn't notice that I started a couple hobbies to pass the time waiting for responses. I taught myself to knit last week, so I can be a total dork and make myself scarves of the four houses in Harry Potter (did I really just admit that?) and I also randomly started training for a 5k that doesn't exist.

Awesome! Be sure to check out Ravelry if you haven't already!

Awesome! Be sure to check out Ravelry if you haven't already!

Woohoo!!! Totally addicted to Ravelry! I really began knitting in November. Since I started applications, I've knit 6 hats, two pairs of mittens, and a couple of small things. I consider it to be slightly more constructive than biting my nails. And I can still watch Netflix and knit.

Woohoo!!! Totally addicted to Ravelry! I really began knitting in November. Since I started applications, I've knit 6 hats, two pairs of mittens, and a couple of small things. I consider it to be slightly more constructive than biting my nails. And I can still watch Netflix and knit.

w00t! (I guess it is like biting nails in that if you overdo it your fingers hurt...but otherwise the similarities are negligible. * grins *)