NSF GRFP 2010-2011

BlueRose

Ditto, you're right, we should spend our last 12+ hours of waiting as positively as possible! :-)

Yes, Staying Positive is a great thing! All has been submitted and nothing can be changed- so realize what a great experience it was and keep the good vibes going :-)

So just to confirm, this happens every year around the time it is expected for the results to be released? Fastlane goes down for maintenance --> results posted around 1 AM?

This was the pattern twice in 2009 (both waves of awards) and in 2010, yes.

But it's down until 5 AM this time?

Last year they said it would be down until 5 AM, but it went back up around 1 AM. I think they just want to give themselves a big enough window.

04/04/11 - GRFP/FastLane will be unavailable from 11:00PM ET Monday, April 4th - 5:00AM ET Tuesday, April 5th for scheduled maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience.

And there it is folks....

Where is this on the website? Not that I don't believe it, I just want to read this great message with my own eyes.

I've been going to the FastLane NSF-GRFP log in page, and also the page were you can search by name for previous winners and didn't see it either place.

Where is this on the website? Not that I don't believe it, I just want to read this great message with my own eyes.

I've been going to the FastLane NSF-GRFP log in page, and also the page were you can search by name for previous winners and didn't see it either place.

Under Advisories:

https://www.fastlane.nsf.gov/index.jsp

Last year they said it would be down until 5 AM, but it went back up around 1 AM. I think they just want to give themselves a big enough window.

So....I wonder what process they could possibly be using that takes 6 hours to post a spreadsheet? That's REALLY big window.

04/04/11 - GRFP/FastLane will be unavailable from 11:00PM ET Monday, April 4th - 5:00AM ET Tuesday, April 5th for scheduled maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience.

And there it is folks....

Thank god! I don't even care about the fellowship anymore - I'm just glad I'll finally be able to move on with my life! :)

93 users are reading this topic... did we ever hit 100?

And its a little sad isn't it? here I've been spending more time on Grad Cafe in the last few days than I care to admit, and tomorrow, it will be over. For many of you, I assume I will meet again next year, same time, same place? And for the rest of you, congratulations!

And its a little sad isn't it? here I've been spending more time on Grad Cafe in the last few days than I care to admit, and tomorrow, it will be over. For many of you, I assume I will meet again next year, same time, same place?

I know, weird to think I'll wake up tomorrow and not have this thread to refresh constantly (at least, past the point where I know the outcomes for everyone - I'm cheering for all of us GradCafe addicts!).

Next year is my last eligible, so I will be back, same place same time, only armed with more info on how to stress Broader Impacts in my essays...

Well, at least I can be productive in the lab today. Good luck everyone.

Hey! I got my undergrad at Berkeley in IB! Hope you're enjoying it! Cal is a spectacular place, words can't fully describe how wonderful it is to be educated there :)

Ah parting is bittersweet. But um, is there one of these for the DDIG? That will be my obsession next year. Good luck everyone and remember it doesn't REALLY matter if you get the award of not. You are still special and people love you. lol

Good luck everyone, and good luck being productive today! I'm in bioinformatics, so that unfortunately (today) means I sit in front of my computer throughout the day. Not going to be able to get away from the neurotic nervousness!

Hey! I got my undergrad at Berkeley in IB! Hope you're enjoying it! Cal is a spectacular place, words can't fully describe how wonderful it is to be educated there :)

I absolutely love Berkeley and the bay area. The IB dept is also quite amazing - from the people to the resources available, it's just all around exactly what I was looking for in a grad program. I won't even start on the all the amazing FOOD around Berkeley.....

will they send us an email whether we go it or not? or do we have to check the spreadsheet? lastly, will they have the reviewer comments up too?

will they send us an email whether we go it or not? or do we have to check the spreadsheet? lastly, will they have the reviewer comments up too?

I think the reviewer comments might take some time, and they send out emails, but not all at the same time.

I think the reviewer comments might take some time, and they send out emails, but not all at the same time.

thanks. you think it will be in waves? last year was it all at one time?

FYI: Fastlane says the following:

Reason for hope?

Hope for the results to be released soon is no longer necessary. Based on the pattern from previous years, we are now hoping for a positive outcome (WIN) when we check Fastlane after maintenance early Tuesday morning.