NSF GRFP 2010-2011

BlueRose

does anyone know if we will have access to the reviewer comments right when we get our acceptance/HM/rejection?

My email at 1:13 am last year read as follows:

Dear -----------------:

Your application for the 2010 National Science Foundation (NSF)

Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP) has been evaluated.

We regret to inform you that you were not selected to receive a

fellowship in this year's competition.

Applications were reviewed according to the NSF Merit Review

Criteria of Intellectual Merit and Broader Impacts. To view your

rating sheets, please visit the GRF Operations Center website at

www.nsfgrfp.org/ratingsheets/

Your login for the rating sheets website is as follows:

Username: -------------------

Password: ----------------

If you have problems accessing your rating sheets, please send

an e-mail to info@nsfgrfp.org. Please be advised that in

accordance with policies set forth in the NSF Grant Proposal

Guide, fellowship decisions are not subject to reconsideration.

Thank you for your interest in the Graduate Research Fellowship

Program. We wish you well in your future graduate studies.

Sincerely,

Carol Van Hartesveldt, Ph.D.

Acting Division Director

Division of Graduate Education

Soooooo I think it was right then? Can't remember if I tried it and there was a delay though.

This is killing me. I want to know...but then I don't. I wish I hadn't found this thread, but it's also a bit cathartic to know there are other anxious people in the world.

Anyone want to do some last minute sucking up to the NSF with me?

God, the NSF is such an amazing institution. I just think its terrific!!

(Can I change my display name once I get my rejection? ;)

Hahahaha! This literally made me laugh out loud!! :)

Oh how I adore this message board.

Hey, I'm pretty sure I've invested quite a bit less time in it than most of the people in this thread. The script took about 3 minutes to write, as opposed to some people here who have been constantly manually refreshing the site for hours straight. =)

Anyway, I'm just setting myself up for disappointment here...I wrote all my essays the day before the thing was due and my broader impacts were a load of crap, but oh well.

What time are people predicting the email will go out tonight? I'm west coast so maybe I'll be able to stay up late!

Fastlane is down now, so I'm hoping in the next couple of hours. 10pm on the west coast.

In other news, HOORAY UCONN!!!

Indeed - Dad won $$ in a work bracket and said he'd send some my way ... lol only reason I really cared about that game.

In other news, I sincerely hope he didn't use up our family's luck for the evening.

Why can't they post at a normal hour? Sheesh!! Sleep deprivation + rejection/destroyed hopes and dreams + misc. grad school angst equals sad, sad tomorrow :-(

What percentage of people get:

(1) it today?

(2) honors today?

(3) rejected today?

(4) get accepted later?

(5) honors later?

(6) rejected later

I really hope that there is no "limbo" scenario like there was two years ago. It seems unlikely that they will increase the number of winners from last year, so about 2000. I don't know how many honorable mentions there were last year, though. I think there were 12,000 total applications last year.

Also, nice username. NSF is an amazing institution. Every walking second, I think about how awesome the NSF is. PLEASE NSF, PLEASE! Have mercy on my mortal soul!

Why can't they post at a normal hour? Sheesh!! Sleep deprivation + rejection/destroyed hopes and dreams + misc. grad school angst equals sad, sad tomorrow :-(

I agree!!! They should do it during regular business hours.

I really hope that there is no "limbo" scenario like there was two years ago. It seems unlikely that they will increase the number of winners from last year, so about 2000. I don't know how many honorable mentions there were last year, though. I think there were 12,000 total applications last year.

Also, nice username. NSF is an amazing institution. Every walking second, I think about how awesome the NSF is. PLEASE NSF, PLEASE! Have mercy on my mortal soul!

I agree! The NSF's munificence and generosity makes me proud to be an American. Tens of millions of people around the world do all they can to come to the U.S. precisely because of institutions like the NSF, not to imply that any other government institution comes even close to the NSF in all its glory and greatness. I think this year the NSF should double the number of awards it bestows, but who am I to suggest anything to the wise NSF.