NSF GRFP 2010-2011

BlueRose

Florida - Undergrad / Tennessee - Grad

Good luck to everyone out there...For those of you who have another year eligibility, see you here next year ; )

Or not, if you're blessed with an offer tomorrow!

Best wishes.....

THIS is a fanTASTIC idea. I will be doing this.

Also, shout out to NH.

What if I have already started drinking? Born and (sort of raised) in IL (Army brat) and living it up in the dirty South now (Georgia)...

I'm a first-time applicant applying in the Biomedical Engineering category. I don't have much hope since It's my first time applying, but I guess we will all see tomorrow. From AL, go to undergrad in MS.

I'm currently trying to decide on a graduate school for next year. I've narrowed it down to NC State and UIUC. I'm leaning towards NCSU, because of the numerous amounts of research in Rehabilitation Engineering and the classes available in that area.

Under Review- VA Tech

Denied- Purdue and UVA

Accepted- UAB, UIUC, NCSU, and CUA

I whole-heartedly agree with jendoly. I'm not an engineer, nor did I go to NCSU. However, I did grow up in Chapel Hill, went to UNC, then lived around DC for 2-3 years, and I am VERY GRATEFUL to be back at UNC! Consider NC, enjoy the pork bbq!

Edited by friedmad

Born and raised in Russia (until I was 9). High school and undergrad in PA and now grad school in IN. This is my first and last time applying, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Man, nothing to add to the anxiety like a power outage in your building of indeterminable length D| laptop only has <1hr battery life remaining!

Man, nothing to add to the anxiety like a power outage in your building of indeterminable length D| laptop only has <1hr battery life remaining!

Smart phone?

Smart phone?

Yeah - I'm not too worried about not being able to check my email (though I only have ~ 4 hrs batt life remaining on that), but additional stress about all the things I still need to do tonight!

Yeah - I'm not too worried about not being able to check my email (though I only have ~ 4 hrs batt life remaining on that), but additional stress about all the things I still need to do tonight!

Ugh, that's not good. Can you go back to your lab/office to finish your work tonight?

Ugh, that's not good. Can you go back to your lab/office to finish your work tonight?

If it's not a campus issue, yes, luckily (: the regular bus isn't running anymore and it's raining (typical Boston), however, so that is the Least Desirable Option atm.

(Most Desirable = playing solitaire until the lights magically come back on at the exact instant I win my first hand still early in the evening and get an email ping from NSF saying that they want to give me money, thus negating the previous few hours...)

If it's not a campus issue, yes, luckily (: the regular bus isn't running anymore and it's raining (typical Boston), however, so that is the Least Desirable Option atm.

(Most Desirable = playing solitaire until the lights magically come back on at the exact instant I win my first hand still early in the evening and get an email ping from NSF saying that they want to give me money, thus negating the previous few hours...)

Haha, what a coincidence - that's MY "most desirable" option at the moment, as well! The only difference would be playing spider solitaire instead of the regular one ;)

Haha, what a coincidence - that's MY "most desirable" option at the moment, as well! The only difference would be playing spider solitaire instead of the regular one ;)

Forty Thieves is my standby >> that or Baker's Dozen, but no one ever seems to make the latter for mobile OSs...

Looks like someone is coming to check the high voltage line in the building in like half an hour, at which time we will get "another update". Siiiiiigh.

Forty Thieves is my standby >> that or Baker's Dozen, but no one ever seems to make the latter for mobile OSs...

Looks like someone is coming to check the high voltage line in the building in like half an hour, at which time we will get "another update". Siiiiiigh.

Hmmm....I don't think I've ever played either one of the games! Good luck with the power - I hope it gets turned back on before your laptop dies! I should probably try to get some work done. Must....stop....refreshing....this....page.....