2024 Canada Prep & Admissions SLP Thread

2 minutes ago, Speechsun said:

Got waitlisted to western. Does anyone know the likelihood of getting accepted when on the waitlist, and when we would find out?

I think in last years thread people were able to ask where on the waitlist they were! 

Edited by Pqry

Good luck to everyone receiving admission decisions right now! I got into the UofA on the 28th and decided to make an account on here :)

So happy to see all the positive posts! Got in to UofT and Mac today :) Would also love some insights on these programs if anyone knows anything to help decide! Leaning towards UofT! Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back 🤞

Edited by SLP2024

I got a rejection email from Western at 00:35 by email (I was 3rd quadrant waitlisted last year, but they had about 50 more applicants this year).

Waitlist offer via email from Toronto at 5:14 this morning. Nothing showing on my ORPAS still.

I am pretty sure I am going to accept my offer to UofA and would love to connect with anyone else going there! :) 

Congrats everyone who received offers and waitlists! If the website would let me I would heart everyone's responses.  I got acceptances from Western, UofT, and Mac. It's a huge decision and for anyone with any advice, I would love to chat! 

Good luck to everyone as they wrap up any undergrad degrees/coursework, and/or prepare to make decisions and plans for their graduate studies! :) 

10 hours ago, slp2002 said:

Congratulations!! Just wondering, what province are you from? No worries if you aren't comfortable sharing, just wondering if they are sending acceptances to certain schools/provinces first.

I am from Quebec!

Congratulations everyone!!

I got accepted to Western and was waitlisted at McMaster and UofT! As a second-time applicant I am super happy with that!

For everyone that didn't receive offers, do not feel too discouraged (although I know it is really hard not to), this process is so difficult! If anyone has any questions about applying for the second time, feel free to message me :) 

1 hour ago, kristinaaa said:

Does anyone have any news regarding OttawaU? 

Nothing on ORPAS but it should say in your uozone account if you're admitted or not! I received an email for both SLP and AUD this morning.

Congratulations everyone on the big accomplishments, and best of luck for those still waiting for spots to open up!! I'm not sure if anyone has started any school-specific group chats yet, but that could be helpful! For anyone accepting their offers from Western, I've made a Facebook group that people are welcome to join if something else hasn't already been created, feel free to search "Western SLP Class of 2026" 🙂

29 minutes ago, Jasmine_slp said:

Nothing on ORPAS but it should say in your uozone account if you're admitted or not! I received an email for both SLP and AUD this morning.

Did you get accepted? I just checked and I got waitlisted! 

5 minutes ago, kristinaaa said:

Did you get accepted? I just checked and I got waitlisted! 

I got accepted in both SLP and audiology!

Edited by Jasmine_slp

8 hours ago, SLPboi2000 said:

Congrats everyone! Got accepted into Western and Mac :)) Anyone have any insights to help choose between the two programs?

Hii! Congratulations, this is such a huge achievement and you should be very proud of yourself :) I am applying next year so I was just wondering if you would feel comfortable sharing your gpa and other extracurricular that you think helped getting your acceptance?

Congrats on all these acceptances!!! Does anyone know how to pay for the McGill admission fee (500$)? It says to log into your portal but I can't seem to find where to pay the fee. 

8 hours ago, SLPboi2000 said:

Congrats everyone! Got accepted into Western and Mac :)) Anyone have any insights to help choose between the two programs?

me too! mac was my first choice but i’m slightly conflicted with western now haha. i think my main deciding factors will be courses, the overall experience and location. i’m at mac for undergrad so ik a bit more about the program but not too much with western so im looking to connect and chat with people but i’ll prob accept mac! msg me so we can connect since we might be classmates🤭 congrats friend!

2 hours ago, BerrySpeechie said:

Congrats everyone who received offers and waitlists! If the website would let me I would heart everyone's responses.  I got acceptances from Western, UofT, and Mac. It's a huge decision and for anyone with any advice, I would love to chat! 

Good luck to everyone as they wrap up any undergrad degrees/coursework, and/or prepare to make decisions and plans for their graduate studies! :) 

Congratulations! This is such a big decision but that is a huge achievement - getting into all 3 schools!! I’m applying next year and was wondering if you were comfortable sharing your gpa and other extra curriculars that you think helped you get accepted?

8 minutes ago, jazzyslp said:

Hii! Congratulations, this is such a huge achievement and you should be very proud of yourself :) I am applying next year so I was just wondering if you would feel comfortable sharing your gpa and other extracurricular that you think helped getting your acceptance?

Thank you! Absolutely! My ORPAS subGPA is 3.84 (I had 4.1/4.3 at my uni), my CASPer was not great my score was in the 2nd quartile and I had done a few hours of shadowing in 4 different settings. I also took extra psyc courses that weren't pre requisites but I knew would help me (like neuro and cognition).

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone knows what the size of the waitlisted students are generally for McMaster and western. It is my first time applying and I have no idea what to expect as I have no clue about the size of the waitlist for McMaster especially. If anyone knows anything about waitlist size based on previous year applicants please reply thank uou

5 hours ago, speechbean said:

I got a rejection email from Western at 00:35 by email (I was 3rd quadrant waitlisted last year, but they had about 50 more applicants this year).

Waitlist offer via email from Toronto at 5:14 this morning. Nothing showing on my ORPAS still.

I am pretty sure I am going to accept my offer to UofA and would love to connect with anyone else going there! :) 

What does waitlisted in the third quadrant mean? Do you know last year how students were waitlisted at western or McMaster?

1 minute ago, Sliptop said:

What does waitlisted in the third quadrant mean? Do you know last year how students were waitlisted at western or McMaster?

From what I know Western is the only school that gives you any indication as to where you are on the waitlist. 

If you email and inquire they will give you a “quadrant” which basically tells you if you’re in the first, second, third, or fourth quarter of the list.

I don’t know how many people are in each quarter but from past years I have seen people in the 1st and 2nd get off the waitlist but I have not seen anything about people getting off the waitlist if they’re in the 3rd or 4th.