2024 Canada Prep & Admissions SLP Thread

Congrats to everyone who got an offer from UofA!! 
I applied through ORPAS and for UofT I haven't been given any type of portal/log in info (like Western) or had any communication from them since sending in my application. Should I be worried 😟? Does anyone know if they'll send the decisions via email?

29 minutes ago, preslpjess said:

Congrats to everyone who got an offer from UofA!! 
I applied through ORPAS and for UofT I haven't been given any type of portal/log in info (like Western) or had any communication from them since sending in my application. Should I be worried 😟? Does anyone know if they'll send the decisions via email?

There aren't any portals or log ins for UofT and I'm pretty sure they'll send the decisions via email/ORPAS.

13 minutes ago, PeachesSpeech said:

Does anyone know if all the offers for U of A have been sent out? I was hoping for an offer or waitlist but didn’t hear back at all. Will they send out rejection emails as well? 

I know that a few people got rejection emails yesterday, so I would definitely reach out to them!

Just curious, did anyone get an offer into the U of A program with a lower Casper test score? I did really poorly on mine and I think that is one of the key factors of me not getting a spot. =/  Feel free to message me if you don't feel comfortable telling the whole group 😃 

9 minutes ago, _Iris_ said:

Just curious, did anyone get an offer into the U of A program with a lower Casper test score? I did really poorly on mine and I think that is one of the key factors of me not getting a spot. =/  Feel free to message me if you don't feel comfortable telling the whole group 😃 

I got waitlisted with a 4th quartile casper score and I know someone who got an offer with a 2nd quartile score last year, so I don't think there's that much of an emphasis on it, but that's just my opinion!

51 minutes ago, _Iris_ said:

based on the people I know who’ve gotten in/waitlisted/declined, I have a strong feeling they focused on the statement of intent and reference letters this round

On 3/26/2024 at 3:32 PM, Wau-Wau said:

Hi Everyone! I logged into ACORN today (current uoft undergraduate) and saw that I was enrolled & invited to the SP MHSC5 2024-2025 Fall/Winter UofT SLP Masters program. Does anyone else see this? Or is It just a glitch on ACORN for all applicants?

do you see a registration fee/admission deposit?

Hi!! Super nervous for April 3. 

Just wondering if anyone knows people who have gotten into Western or UofT with a sub-GPA of 3.6-3.7?

1 minute ago, slpgirl0613 said:

I'm wondering the same thing!!

I emailed Janet (Western CSD admissions) and she said people who usually get offered admission are around 3.5 and higher. But then again I haven't seen anyone with a 3.6-3.7 get accepted on these threads :( Super nervous!! 

1 hour ago, slpgal890 said:

Hi!! Super nervous for April 3. 

Just wondering if anyone knows people who have gotten into Western or UofT with a sub-GPA of 3.6-3.7?

59 minutes ago, slpgal890 said:

I emailed Janet (Western CSD admissions) and she said people who usually get offered admission are around 3.5 and higher. But then again I haven't seen anyone with a 3.6-3.7 get accepted on these threads :( Super nervous!! 

Hey! I can't say for certain because I was waitlisted last year but from my understanding, Western prioritizes experience over grades as compared to a school like UofT or Mac. I know people who got rejected with high 3.8s and know one person who got in with a 3.65 :) hopefully this provides some sort of reassurance!

1 hour ago, speechgirlie said:

GAHHH I can't wait any longer. Thinking about April 3 is killing me! Is anyone else going to check tomorrow at midnight??

Does anyone know if they will be released right at midnight?!

2 hours ago, slpstudentbc said:

Hi! Just wondering if anyone has found out when we will hear back from UBC? Thanks!

Last year acceptances started on the 1st but the majority of people found out on the 6th and rejections were around the 12th - audiology usually comes out first. Not sure how the Easter long weekend and the addition of the Victoria cohort will affect the timeline though. The wait is killing me haha! 

49 minutes ago, Natashaslp said:

yus! Good luck everyone! Do we have any ballpark idea of what time responses will come??

From last year's forum, people got calls in the afternoon :).

I am super nervous for today. Is it for certain that we are getting a response from McGill?! Also, I see that some of you say we are getting phone calls. Does this mean that we do not receive emails? 

49 minutes ago, kristinaaa said:

I am super nervous for today. Is it for certain that we are getting a response from McGill?! Also, I see that some of you say we are getting phone calls. Does this mean that we do not receive emails? 

The Applicant Portal says today (April 2) is the date that applicants will be notified of their decision! As for the method of notifying us - we may get a phone call as last year's applicants received one, but the portal says we will be notified by email. Could be both or just email! 

1 minute ago, BerrySpeechie said:

The Applicant Portal says today (April 2) is the date that applicants will be notified of their decision! As for the method of notifying us - we may get a phone call as last year's applicants received one, but the portal says we will be notified by email. Could be both or just email! 

Thanks for responding! I don't see that date anywhere on my applicant portal?

I am super anxious, I hope we get notified soon!!!😆