2024 Canada Prep & Admissions SLP Thread

3 minutes ago, AlyssaSSLP said:

Did you guys get an email from McGill about a prospective student's day on April 6th? Does this mean we won't hear back from admissions until after the 6th?? 

When I tell you my heart DROPPED...haha. I got it too but I think we'll still find out the 2nd. They probably gave us the info for orientation now so that people can plan before the April 15th offer acceptance deadline :)

4 minutes ago, Matthew_SLP said:

When I tell you my heart DROPPED...haha. I got it too but I think we'll still find out the 2nd. They probably gave us the info for orientation now so that people can plan before the April 15th offer acceptance deadline :)

Hahaha sorry for the unnecessary stress!! I just called and yeah, they said we'll still hear back on the 2nd. I was just like "why would they invite people who didn't get innnn" haha

20 minutes ago, AlyssaSSLP said:

Hahaha sorry for the unnecessary stress!! I just called and yeah, they said we'll still hear back on the 2nd. I was just like "why would they invite people who didn't get innnn" haha

I was thinking the EXACT same thing! Such a tease...lol! 

I got that email too. Does this mean we have an increased chance of getting accepted or is it just a universal email sent out to all applicants. That email was so anticlimactic!!! So stressed. These days could not pass quickly enough.

Hi Everyone! I logged into ACORN today (current uoft undergraduate) and saw that I was enrolled & invited to the SP MHSC5 2024-2025 Fall/Winter UofT SLP Masters program. Does anyone else see this? Or is It just a glitch on ACORN for all applicants?

3 hours ago, Wau-Wau said:

Hi Everyone! I logged into ACORN today (current uoft undergraduate) and saw that I was enrolled & invited to the SP MHSC5 2024-2025 Fall/Winter UofT SLP Masters program. Does anyone else see this? Or is It just a glitch on ACORN for all applicants?

Hi, I'm also a current uoft undergraduate and I saw this too - I'm wondering the same!

On 3/26/2024 at 6:51 PM, slp072002 said:

Hi, I'm also a current uoft undergraduate and I saw this too - I'm wondering the same!

I also see this, I am not a uoft undergrad but I worked there in the summer. I wonder if it means anything?? I'm gonna go with no to not give myself false hope🥺

1 hour ago, Hopefulspeechi said:

Does anyone else’s U of A portal still say their application is in the “pre-screening”  stage? 

Last year people got accepted and it still said "pre-screening" so I wouldn't worry about the status too much!

I really wonder when we're going to hear back😭 I know it's not going to be in March like previous years but I'm curious when in April it'll be. 

Edited by ubcspscstudent

Does anyone know if we have to activate an account for UoT like we did for Western before decisions are sent out? 

Also, do the decisions come through ORPAS or through email/another way? 

On 3/26/2024 at 6:51 PM, slp072002 said:

Now I’m worried because it seems like most people who have ACORN also see the invite. Does anyone with ACORN Not see the invite? 

21 minutes ago, Wau-Wau said:

Now I’m worried because it seems like most people who have ACORN also see the invite. Does anyone with ACORN Not see the invite? 

i’m getting worried too lol i wonder if this is a glitch?