2024 Canada Prep & Admissions SLP Thread

59 minutes ago, slp_qc said:

I noticed that McGill added this blurb to their SLP program webpage under the "How to Apply" tab. Just thought others might want this info!

Information for Prospective Students to the M.Sc.A Program

We were very pleased to receive a large number of applicants to the M.Sc.A Program. We are excited to review the applications. We will send information to applicants soon about next steps.

Currently you may need information about the new tuition regime introduced by the Quebec provincial government. The new rules will not impact applicants who are residents of Quebec. There will be impacts for those applicants who come from outside Quebec, specifically:

• Tuition fees will rise by approximately 33% per year.
  • There will be no extra French language requirements.
  • Our program continues to be offered over a 24-month period.
  • Our program is taught in English.
  • Internships can be offered in English, French or bilingually.

Thanks for sharing! Hopefully we hear back soon! Does anyone know when they historically have sent out acceptances?

Hey all, I just wanted to pop in knowing this is such a scary time/a long wait for admissions results!! If any of you have questions or anything, feel free to DM me!! I'm in my first year SLP rn :)

On 3/10/2024 at 9:02 AM, Natashaslp said:

Is anyone else freaking out since the time we hear back from schools is approaching?? Goodluck everyone!

Yes!! Definitely freaking out even though I know it's still a little bit away... U of A applicants found out last year on March 29th. 

1 hour ago, Hopefulspeechi said:

Yes!! Definitely freaking out even though I know it's still a little bit away... U of A applicants found out last year on March 29th. 

2 yrs ago UofA responded to applicants on March 23rd, so hopefully we hear back earlier than last years pool of applicants!

31 minutes ago, tsslp said:

does dalhousie send rejection letters, or just admission letters in email? 

Last year I got a notice of rejection from 

Dalhousie April 27th

56 minutes ago, 2024SLPapp said:

Received my Dalhousie admission letter yesterday morning at 9:30am! Super excited, it was my only application this cycle :)

amazing congrats! may i ask if your dal portal was updated and had the reference letter and other info filled out? i had to contact the admissions department about my admissions portal as it is still blank and only has the date i paid the fee on there (even though I submitted everything ahead of the due date). just wondering if this is the same for anyone else? 

44 minutes ago, tsslp said:

amazing congrats! may i ask if your dal portal was updated and had the reference letter and other info filled out? i had to contact the admissions department about my admissions portal as it is still blank and only has the date i paid the fee on there (even though I submitted everything ahead of the due date). just wondering if this is the same for anyone else? 

Thanks! I just checked and my dal portal hasn't been updated - mine also only shows the date I paid the application fee and everything else is blank. 

Does anyone know what's wrong with a PDF document when UofA keeps saying it has "action required"? It doesn't give a reason why action is required and I had to do digging online to find out it meant it was "failed" and had to be resubmitted. I had that problem with my prerequisite course document and I'm scared that I fixed it too late now... does anyone know if my application will be affected by this? 

11 hours ago, tsslp said:

Hello! I applied to Dalhousie last year as well as this year and they will not update it. They get so many applicants that they don't go through and update anyone's account. The only thing they will update is the Application Status and Decision if you are offered a spot. Last year was so stressful because of this but now I know that they will never update it haha!! Hope this helps with the stress!!

6 hours ago, ubcspscstudent said:

Does anyone know what's wrong with a PDF document when UofA keeps saying it has "action required"? It doesn't give a reason why action is required and I had to do digging online to find out it meant it was "failed" and had to be resubmitted. I had that problem with my prerequisite course document and I'm scared that I fixed it too late now... does anyone know if my application will be affected by this? 

I would maybe email the advising email? Mine also said I had required actions when I submitted my application but it went away a few weeks ago. What stage is your application at? My “required actions” went away when my application was moved to the pre screening step. 

For the UofA application in the document section you only uploaded what was necessary right? Like I didn’t upload a “transcript/marksheet English translation” cause my transcript is already in English. 

15 hours ago, tsslp said:

I got an offer a few days ago by email and my online application still says "incomplete items outstanding". It doesn't say anything about an offer online

5 hours ago, Speech2024 said:

For the UofA application in the document section you only uploaded what was necessary right? Like I didn’t upload a “transcript/marksheet English translation” cause my transcript is already in English. 

Yes! I have a few documents that do not have a submission, but it also says "document not required" beside them. I had the same thought process as you.