Anthropology 2011

a fragrant plant

I applied to NYU too and, until now, I was living in a blissful ignorance. But now that I know decisions are on their way I can feel years being shaved off my life..

I know. I think I may leave this application season 5 pounds heavier and 5 years older. Let me know when you find out! Good luck :-)

I know, isn't it strange how hard it is to focus on other things with all this uncertainty lurking around? Personally, I've received 1 official rejection (Emory), 1 unofficial rejection (Berkeley), and have 4 applications waiting out in limbo. It's hard to know whether to put Plan B into action (ok let's be honest.. haven't actually created a Plan B yet).

Any news on Michigan Ann Arbor, Stanford or UNC Chapel Hill greatly appreciated!

If I may ask, how did you get your Emory reject? Was it for cultural anth? Did you interview? Still waiting to here back from them, the UW and Columbia. This is killing me! I have a plan b (and a plan c, hell, I've got plans to zed) and would be disappointed but fine with some time off. I just wish I knew so that I could move on. I live in Egypt, and I don't know what has been worse, waiting for Mubarak to go, or waiting for this. Either way, I clearly have no patience!

Best of luck to all!

Duke is supposed to get back with us at the beginning of next week...

Got an email from a POI at Princeton saying that, while he isn't privileged to divulge anything officially, that he expects I will hear something positive. God I hope so!

Anyone hear from NYU or Duke?

Got an email from a POI at Princeton saying that, while he isn't privileged to divulge anything officially, that he expects I will hear something positive. God I hope so!

So exciting for you, Distant Wizard... I'm definitely saying my prayers and I think Princeton would be a good match for me. Now I'm just hoping that my POI was interested in my project, since we haven't had any contact.

Please post as soon as you get the official notification so I'll know when all hope is lost.

I got into Michigan! :) Honestly, I was worried when I got rejected from Hawaii.

It was through email this morning. There was a copy of a letter dated 2/9/2011 that I should receive in the mail. It says I won a Rackham Merit Fellowship with funding provided from the Rackham School of Graduate Studies, which includes $8,600 per term stipend, full tuition waiver, and health care benefits.

I was told during the interview they take final decisions on the 21st.

Dude, I'm so jealous! Congrats! Was the e-mail from your POI or the dept. secretary?

I got into Michigan! :) Honestly, I was worried when I got rejected from Hawaii.

It was through email this morning. There was a copy of a letter dated 2/9/2011 that I should receive in the mail. It says I won a Rackham Merit Fellowship with funding provided from the Rackham School of Graduate Studies, which includes $8,600 per term stipend, full tuition waiver, and health care benefits.

Mabrouk brother, that's great news. Looks like we're playing like a team on this forum.

Now I'm panicking. Michigan and Chicago are my top two choices.

Congrats on the admit to Michigan! With their funding situation, they must really want you to be there if they can offer you a stipend like that! I applied to Michigan, but am not very hopeful about it.