Anthropology 2011

a fragrant plant

How on earth can they mail my decision to Iran? It'll take ages and I'm telling you, it would be delivered on April, 15 at earliest.

Hey,

I called the Michigan department - decisions being mailed. However, I cant fail to think thats not a very good sign....

its cold there anyways. haha

I'm sure they've also emailed admits and those who are to be mailed are rejected puny mortals, including me................

Hey,

I called the Michigan department - decisions being mailed. However, I cant fail to think thats not a very good sign....

its cold there anyways. haha

Just offered a 3-year TA with the graduate program at UNC-Chapel Hill and I couldn't be happier. From conversations, it sounds like less than 8 accepted out of more than 120 applicants. Contacted first by my supervisor via email in mid-January, then by the anthropology graduate program director by mail and by e-mail with the official offer.

Oh man that blows,

You applied to a lot of amazing really competitive schools though...but theres still hope...

its not over till the fat lady sings.

this has literally been the longest day....i didnt know i cared so much. I feel like my energy would be better spent on other things....

I have not. At this point, I've received a few official rejections and a few unofficial. I have a bad feeling about this, so I'm beginning to consider my other options :/

You guys may be overconfident that results from NYU come out today.

The grad sec. (as well as my POI) told me that decisions are made by today, but the grad sec also told me to email the department chair (who is not my POI) for the decision on or after the 25th. While decisions are made, they may not be official yet.

FYI I am a bioanth applicant, and the chair is a bioanth prof. Other subfields might have to email someone else for the decision information.

I emailed my POI today just in case. No response yet.

Same here - happily accepted the offer ! I guess we're lucky, they usually take 12 to 14... so, see you next semester? :)

Just offered a 3-year TA with the graduate program at UNC-Chapel Hill and I couldn't be happier. From conversations, it sounds like less than 8 accepted out of more than 120 applicants. Contacted first by my supervisor via email in mid-January, then by the anthropology graduate program director by mail and by e-mail with the official offer.

You guys may be overconfident that results from NYU come out today.

The grad sec. (as well as my POI) told me that decisions are made by today, but the grad sec also told me to email the department chair (who is not my POI) for the decision on or after the 25th. While decisions are made, they may not be official yet.

FYI I am a bioanth applicant, and the chair is a bioanth prof. Other subfields might have to email someone else for the decision information.

I emailed my POI today just in case. No response yet.

You might be right about this, even for sociocultural applicants. I haven't heard anything yet and it doesn't seem like anyone else on this forum has. I would imagine at least ONE of us would get in! It's already 8 p.m. in NY, so maybe we're not going to hear for another while?

Same. Just got the letter tonight when I finally checked the mail. Sadly, Michigan was my first choice and my POI told me I was a perfect fit. Now just hoping to hear from Chicago and NYU soon. I was initially only going to apply to Michigan, thank goodness my current adviser convinced me otherwise.

Just got a letter from Michigan saying I wasn't admitted. Not to broken up about it since my heart was only half into that application, but just so everyone knows that decisions are on their way.

Wake up everyone,

The Resurrection Day's coming! I heard from a friend that Harvard's done with punishments! 6 out of 220 has been admitted. I hate this No. 6. I ended up 7 at Princeton and I'm sure the best I can get is another waitlist from NYU or Yale, nothing more!

Any words from JHU, Columbia or CUNY? UPenn notifies at all? Do they take only 1 sociocultural?

I have a confession to make: I made a mistake applying to UPenn. I should have applied to UNC,CH and Duke....

I feel your pain! I feel like I should have applied to many more schools than the 5 I did. I got rejected from CUNY, and no word from Columbia yet.

Wake up everyone,

The Resurrection Day's coming! I heard from a friend that Harvard's done with punishments! 6 out of 220 has been admitted. I hate this No. 6. I ended up 7 at Princeton and I'm sure the best I can get is another waitlist from NYU or Yale, nothing more!

Any words from JHU, Columbia or CUNY? UPenn notifies at all? Do they take only 1 sociocultural?

I have a confession to make: I made a mistake applying to UPenn. I should have applied to UNC,CH and Duke....