Cornell?

LittleJay

• 2 weeks later...

hi littlejay!

i'm a prospective cornellian-- german studies. have you accepted cornell's offer of admission already?

cornell was my first choice school so i'm tempted to just accept the offer, but i guess i'll wait and see what other schools offer in terms of grant money. columbia said yes, as well.

hmmm...

Hi britishstudent and cofeepot,

I have not accepted the offer - I am visiting this weekend and I think I will accept right after coming back (I have turned down Columbia's offer, because I don't think I would fit as well as I would at Cornell...). Besides Berkeley - where I got rejected - I don't think there is a better school to do "theory."

The only thing that scares me about Cornell is Ithaca...

Cornell was always my first choice, tied with Berkeley. I didn't get into Berkeley either (stupid Rhetoric people!) but I'm psyched about cornell and the more I head about the city, the cooler it seems. I'm just worried about 1) if I need a car or not 2) how to deal witht he cold and 3) if I should live by myself in a studio or find friends to room with.

I'm visiting next week (5-7 march) and I'm super excited about the people. And, curiously enough, Columbia is my only other top contender (Duke may also vie for a spot)... tough decisions. Post here after everyone visits-- i'm curious to hear peoples reactions!

All the best,

Jennie

Hi!

I posted this in the 'Ithaca' thread, as well, and the moderators might get upset about the doubling, but...

I'm off visiting Cornell's Romance Studies dept. this weekend, and I'm seriously considering going there. I had a great experience living off-campus (but within walking distance) during my M.A. at Dartmouth, living in a largish apartment with 2 other grad students, and always heard that grad housing was depressing and isolating, especially if you're surrounded by people not even remotely in your field. I'd love to repeat the experience - just sending out feelers at this point, but does anyone else think they might like the idea?

PS: I'm also engaged in "theory" and philosophy, and thus am really excited about Cornell!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

got into Cornell as well! I will be doing Operations Research..I was thinking of making a facebook group for grad students heading there in the fall so we can be connected there..you guys like the idea?

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use