CUNY

psychie

Anyone applying to the CUNY Graduate Center?

Hi,

May I ask which program you are applying? I want to apply for PhD in Biopsychology. I emailed several professors but no one's ever replied to my emails. The application deadline is on 1 Feb. Already to late to ask application questions?!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

May I ask which program you are applying? I want to apply for PhD in Biopsychology. I emailed several professors but no one's ever replied to my emails. The application deadline is on 1 Feb. Already to late to ask application questions?!

I'm not applying to CUNY, but I've had the same thing happen to me at several schools. I emailed POIs twice last year to ask them if they were accepting new students, but I never received even an acknowledgment from them. As a result, I had to apply (and pay hundreds of dollars in application fees) even though I was never certain that POIs were taking students. A quick "No, I can't take another student" would have saved everyone a lot of trouble.

Did anyone receive any e-mails from the system saying your application had been processed/forwarded. I checked my inbox and all I ever got was a receipt for my payment.

Same here. Confirmation of payment, but otherwise nothing. I had to call GC directly in order to confirm all my of application materials were received & it was complete (no response to emails). I applied to the Biopsych subprogram, and although there's not a lot of info from past applicants, it seems like we won't hear until around mid-March. I'm already in agony trying to be patient...

• 3 weeks later...

I applied to the CUNY Graduate Center program in Urban Education as well. Same thing, just received receipt of payment and when I check my online account, just gives me the application summary.

Has anyone else applied to the program in Urban Ed? Any news?

Anyone applying to the CUNY Graduate Center?

Hi! I'm a student there now and I can tell you that the programs are all in the midst of their interviews now. So if you got one it's likely you'll be getting a call soon!

Someone posted in the results about their acceptance to the Biopsychology subprogram today. Congrats to them.... I'm desperately hoping they're not done calling people with acceptances though. It looks like last year they called someone on March 9th with an acceptance. I'm hoping they have more to come next week.

I'm panicking hard. :-(

Someone posted in the results about their acceptance to the Biopsychology subprogram today. Congrats to them.... I'm desperately hoping they're not done calling people with acceptances though. It looks like last year they called someone on March 9th with an acceptance. I'm hoping they have more to come next week.

I'm panicking hard. :-(

I am waiting on the same program as well!! Can't take the panic anymore!! Shall I just email the admission ppl on Monday and get this over with?

I am waiting on the same program as well!! Can't take the panic anymore!! Shall I just email the admission ppl on Monday and get this over with?

I emailed them late Friday night, and they responded saying they're still reviewing applications. If you hear anything, let me know! This is torture

I emailed them late Friday night, and they responded saying they're still reviewing applications. If you hear anything, let me know! This is torture

Applied to biopsych program as well..

I can't believe that the admissions comittee is still reviewing the applications!

That gives me a little more hope, I guess.

It is very hard to stay calm, indeed.

Ok, seriously, I can't take it. Has anyone heard from CUNY Graduate Center's clinical psych sub-program? I live 10 blocks away; even if i got rejected I should have the letter by now. I remember during the interview being told the day the admissions committee meets but now I can't remember. Anyone have any information, before I claw my eyes out?

Thanks!

- C